Wedge trainers

(22 Posts)
Limoncellolovely Fri 19-Apr-13 16:06:43

Love mine Ash Bowles plain black wear them with skinnys, tube maxi skirt, denim min with opaques under baby boot cuts ( can't see them then though) find them very comfortable, leg lengthening and versatile. They truly are a marmite item though. I would buy a pair try them on at home with a few outfits and decide that way.

MoodyDidIt Fri 19-Apr-13 15:59:29

i love them.LOVE them

and i am older than you, i would guess from your name OP, am 33 blush

have got the nike sky high dunk ones in white pink and grey and i want some in black and red too!

i wear mine with either super skinny jeans or leggings and a baggyish top and a leather biker or denim jacket

Sonotkylie Fri 19-Apr-13 13:32:48

Personally hate them but not a fan of trainers either (unlike wedges which I love). Think I saw some on Next website?

SoonToBePixie Fri 19-Apr-13 13:08:25

What about these - are they awful?

I'm only 20, would I be forgiven for wearing them? grin

Corygal Fri 19-Apr-13 13:01:58

My blood is ocean blue, lizzieanne.

I am also elderly, fat and sound posh.

vjg13 Fri 19-Apr-13 11:45:08

I got the Ash Bowie ones and love them. Really comfortable too.
I'm old, classy and not a 'chav' grin.

nipersvest Fri 19-Apr-13 11:44:40

i used to have a pair of wedge trainers in the 70's, as a 10 year old they were my most favorite pair of shoes, they were blue with rainbow stripes on the heel. am quite taken with the wedge trainers around now, would like a pair for nostalgia sake, cannot afford ash though. i like wedges, am only short, and struggle with heels but can walk ok in wedges.

lizzieannejames Fri 19-Apr-13 11:38:36

Sorry but when I saw someone in a Juicy couture tracksuit wearing a pair of these, it only firmed up my beliefs they are for chavs only.

Rockchick1984 Fri 19-Apr-13 11:28:47

Oooh, Beaver can you remember the seller you bought them from please? Assuming they were a shop not just someone selling ones they had bought elsewhere smile

Beaverfeaver Fri 19-Apr-13 00:29:49

eBay ones were great for me. £11.99 and look almost identical to the £140 ones. Not worth spending the extra on a casual item if clothing if you aren't 100% about them yet.

Wear with skinny jeans, skirts, dresses, cigarette trousers,

Rockchick1984 Thu 18-Apr-13 23:46:33

Thankyou all for the advice. Sadly my budget doesn't stretch to buying the decent ones smile

I like the ones which aren't too obvious, have found some on eBay for £20 so think I'm going to give them a try...

Is there anything else I can wear with them other than skinny jeans?

Sh1ney Thu 18-Apr-13 23:27:18

I think if you decide to go for it then you need to buy some decent ones. Ash or marant.

Sh1ney Thu 18-Apr-13 23:26:14

I have the prune suede Ash Bowie wedges and wear them with skinnies and short ish skirts/opaques. I like them and they're comfortable.

I'm not sure I'd wear a more 'obvious' wedge trainer though. These manage to look relatively smart.

Beaverfeaver Thu 18-Apr-13 23:24:11

I have been wanting a pair for ages but wondered if they would be a passing phase.
However, I just recently bought two pairs (cheapish off of eBay and some kurt Geigers) and I love them!
Make my feet look smaller, me look taller and they are so comfy and yet nice enough to wear a lot of the time. I will get a lot of wear out of them and will bridge the winter and summer seasons nicely

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 23:18:41

Notice how I got 'imo' in there THREE times to cover myself? wink

valiumredhead Thu 18-Apr-13 23:18:05

They are vile imo, they make people's feet look really weird imo but lots will disagree. Bit Emperors new clothes imo.

ParmaViolette Thu 18-Apr-13 23:15:13

I think wedge trainers are a bit odd really. But saying that, I find the whole sports luxe look quite ridiculous.

However- I love flatform trainers. In a hi top style they look really cool and in tune with the whole 90s, fresh prince reject style of the moment.

Corygal Thu 18-Apr-13 22:34:33

I was wildly anti till I bought some bargainous ones - now I can't take them off. Heel with comfort - what's not to love.

ChippyMinton Thu 18-Apr-13 21:57:15

Bit like Poppy - picked up a cheap black suede pair in the DP sale, just to give them a whirl. It's nice to have a bit of a heel with skinny jeans, and be able to walk!

PoppyWearer Thu 18-Apr-13 21:51:56

I am not convinced by them but bought a v.cheap used pair of Ash ones from eBay recently to give them a whirl.

nellyjelly Thu 18-Apr-13 21:44:55

Horrid Imthink but loafs of people will contradict me.

Shoes are shoes, trainers are trainers and shoukd be flat. Leave wedges to shoes. That is all.

Rockchick1984 Thu 18-Apr-13 21:41:39

I'm not particularly trendy - I used to like fashion but have got into a bit of a rut since having DS. Am trying to get back on track a bit more lately so have started reading some fashion blogs.

Have seen a few people wearing wedge trainers, and I'm intrigued. Are they likely to be around for a while, or am I too late to the party with them? What else can I wear them with other than skinny jeans? Also, the ones I've seen were Fly, are there any cheap alternatives around?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now