Recommend me a beauty product/make up item to make me look radiant and youthful!

(28 Posts)
DancingDolly Tue 26-Mar-13 09:27:47

Ok, I'm 39, and the last few days i've noticed how tired and haggard looking my face is - and I'm not even particularly tired!

What's your single best recommendation for plumping your face up and making you look a little bit younger again? <vain, but is Style & Beauty>

noddyholder Wed 27-Mar-13 14:25:37

L'oreal age perfect cell renew is quite remarkable. It does nothing for lines on forehead only botox can erase those but this has definitely transformed my skin in about 3-4 weeks. Red cheeks virtually gone and I have considered laser for tiny veins. Really even tone and plump looking and seems to accumulate over time where I have found other creams give a fake glow for a few hours this has actually done something. About to run out and I plan to buy the whole range now. It comes in a very blingy gold tub

BornToFolk Wed 27-Mar-13 12:24:08

I just bought the Garnier Moisture Match "Protect and Glow" and it's the first cream I've tried that actually does improve radiance without being shiny or sparkly.

JumpHerWho Wed 27-Mar-13 12:12:11

Nina and Fellatio - OP wants stuff to make her look radiant and youthful, not actually be so iyswim so makeup products not swizz 'anti-aging' creams.

A good light-reflecting foundation like YSL Touché Eclat and a cream blusher will sort you out IMO. A tinted moisturiser for non-makeup days. And avoid powdery things at all costs if you're over about 33 or so, basically once it starts to accentuate fine lines it's all about moisture and light, not mattifying.

babySophieRose Wed 27-Mar-13 10:12:18

This is the best a had so far. Makes your skin soft, radiant and beautiful. Pricey, but lasts for ages and is my best beauty buy.
m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123385917199_-1

EverythingHappens4aReason Wed 27-Mar-13 09:41:30

what about an eye cream, any suggestions? gone very wrinkly underneath!

TheRealFellatio Wed 27-Mar-13 09:33:23

I loved Bare Minerals when it first came out, but for some reason it suddenly looked powdery and cakey on my skin and started to 'sit' in my fine lines and wrinkles. sad

I think perhaps it's just not great for er...ahem <coughs> mature skin.

Charliefox Wed 27-Mar-13 09:20:53

I third the Botox recommendation. Buy cheap creams, save your money and put it towards Botox.

NinaNannar Wed 27-Mar-13 07:41:09

Agree with fellatio. We all know creamz are a con

Cybbo Wed 27-Mar-13 06:24:59

A post exercise flush

Bare minerals is dry and chalky

TheRealFellatio Wed 27-Mar-13 03:02:26

Botox and Restylane.

You can buy all the lotions and potions you like, but if it's youthful you want you need these ^^

bangersmashandbeans Wed 27-Mar-13 02:49:49

Mineral make up is my single best investment since I reached my 30s. Pop into your local John Lewis or debenhams or HofF and get someone like bare minerals or bare essentials to do a make over on you. The initial fork out is quite a lot but lasts for ages and I've never looked back.

Eskino Wed 27-Mar-13 02:19:31

There are Free samples of cc cream on the website. I've just ordered the apricot one.

cerealqueen Tue 26-Mar-13 23:19:20
cocolepew United States Tue 26-Mar-13 22:13:54

I only did half my face,after I took my make up off grin. I'm incredible pale and I'm not sure if it will be too dark. I will report back!

Wolfiefan Tue 26-Mar-13 21:26:55

Decleor oil.
Liz Earle cleanser.

DancingDolly Tue 26-Mar-13 21:25:03

Whoa, thanks everyone!

Did the L'oreal cream brighten though coco?!

I like the sound of the benefit illuminator thingy, I used to have their dandelion powder come to think if it which was quite good.

I hear a lot about Mac but have always been bit scared by prices and professional make up artist image (I'm not) Does the strobe cream make you very shiny pnin?

I'm off to google some of your recommendation s...

BeckyBrandon Tue 26-Mar-13 21:24:33

I second benefits watt's up. It's lovely. makes you look all dewy and radiant

cocolepew United States Tue 26-Mar-13 20:51:40

I bought the L'Oreal CC cream today. There are about 5 different ones, I bought the one for dull skin. My skin has yellow undertones and this is lilac to brighten it up. I thought it was a cream to wear under my foundation but it actual changes to foundation when it's rubbed in shock.

pnin Tue 26-Mar-13 20:45:48

hydraluron for face and doublebase gel for body to combat dehydration.

pnin Tue 26-Mar-13 20:44:51

cream blush (like illamasqua rude)
mac strobe cream under tinted moisturiser

don't skimp on defining eyes (be it tightlining or a smoky eye with powder) and brows. doesnt have to be full on (i use the louise young matte palette a lot)

something on the waterline, daytime it s nice to have flesh tone pencil

Wallison Tue 26-Mar-13 19:47:46

Actually, I think that the Garnier BB cream is the worst of the lot. It hardly provides any coverage at all and certainly doesn't do any of the things that a BB cream should do plus I found that on my very much non-greasy skin it just sat like a nasty film and didn't blend well at all. So you have the worst of both worlds - anything but natural looking due to its tendency to clump, and fuck all in the way of benefit that you would expect from a product that is supposed to replace foundation. Superdrug own brand is much better.

babybarrister Colombia Tue 26-Mar-13 19:41:59

Bare minerals powder foundation

TallulahBetty Tue 26-Mar-13 17:11:36

Aldi shimmering day cream works for me

RevoltingPeasant Tue 26-Mar-13 16:59:33

I just discovered Benefit Watts Up illuminator. It's £££ (about 25, I think!) but it totally makes me look more radiant.

DancingDolly Tue 26-Mar-13 16:07:28

Thanks. I haven't ventured into BB creams yet, I use bourjois 10 hr sleep effect foundation. Obviously it isn't working...

Will have a look at the Balance products.

Owt else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now