Need a really good vitamin c serum

(46 Posts)
Walnutcakelover Sun 03-Mar-13 21:41:38

I am looking into buying a really good vitamin c serum, not too expensive but not cheap either, any recommendations please. Thank you.

friedafilmer Sun 15-Nov-15 09:13:03

I use the Le Roche Posay. It's good. I think I've had my tube since January and there's still half left.

Madnson Sun 15-Nov-15 01:19:00

Another vote for skinceuitcals, been using happily for 6 months now x

girlguide123 Thu 12-Nov-15 18:01:47

I like M&S perfect radiance vitamin C serum ad it's not too spendy. I got the day cream as well, but only find it to be OK

ScandiCinnamon Wed 11-Nov-15 17:14:37

Thank you Nabootique.

Nabootique Wed 11-Nov-15 10:32:29

A lot of them don't actually list the % the way those brands do, Scandi. It's not the same as retinol in that you don't have to start off so softly softly, but if you did want to start off with something milder, just look for ones that aren't shouting about being 10%. Having said that, most of the ones that deliver vitamin C in a way that actually works will have it in higher % (and usually a higher price tag!). I'd suggest trying to get hold of a sample of one and test it out that way.

ScandiCinnamon Wed 11-Nov-15 09:59:54

Jumping in here as this is something that I am also very curious about this and think I need to add this to my skincare routine before I look ten years older than I am
I have never used a Vit C serum before and am just a bit cautious to how I would react to something as potent as Skinceuticals (which seem to be highly thought of both by many MN and beauty bloggers). And the OZ naturals also seems quite high. Are there 'entry level' Vit C products (like there seem to be with Retinols??? confused

cardoon Tue 10-Nov-15 09:02:09

Could you share your recipes?

Nabootique Tue 10-Nov-15 08:21:00

What WLTMEET said. It has to be in the right form, suspended in the right formula and housed in the right way to be effective. The Body Shop one is not, for example, not that that means it's a bad serum, it just won't be good because of the vitamin C content. If you wanted to buy one rather than make one, Beautypedia is a good reference point for whether the vitamin C in a formula will actually be any good.

RonaldMcDonald Tue 10-Nov-15 00:14:47

I have been using this

burnishedsilver Mon 09-Nov-15 20:58:17

I've been using lrp redermic R (retinol) at night and redermic C (vit c) during the day for about 4 months now. I'm very pleased with the results.

jcao Mon 09-Nov-15 20:49:24

I've had good luck with Skinceuticals which is pricier as well as Cosmetic Skin Solutions. I've found CSS to be equally effective at an affordable price with identical ingredients. You can read more about vitamin c serum reviews here www.bestvitcserum.com/

WLTMEET Sat 11-Jul-15 10:51:04

I also second making your own. Vit C is very unstable so there's a question mark about how much of the active ingredient is actually in the shop bought products. It's super cheap to make your own, but does require a little effort once a week or so

SuperFlyHigh Sat 11-Jul-15 08:08:28

Bookmarking as this sounds like what I need.

ktoo Fri 10-Jul-15 22:49:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Beautystreet Thu 08-May-14 23:36:24

I'm loving Medik8 CE-Thione. Loads of good review I think it's similar formula to the Skinceutucals CE-Ferulic but less greasy. It's normally about £80 but I buy from Effortless Skin for £70. www.effortlessskin.com/p-3059-ce-thione-2-x15ml.aspx

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 05-Feb-14 15:04:33

Wow, this does not sound like spam at all.

it does, it does

Ashley87 Wed 05-Feb-14 09:15:36

Kirstine1213 Thu 09-Jan-14 14:15:12

Weelady77 Thu 09-Jan-14 08:56:51

Do you use it instead of moisturiser or with it??

Kirstine1213 Thu 09-Jan-14 08:20:49

I read online about vitamin C 's benefits for the skin so I decided to do some research on it, and I found on Amazon about VoilaVe Triple Action Vitamin C Serum. I never took care of my skin until I got older, I wanted something like this to help the damage I'd already done and stop the constant dryness. After using this for a few weeks now, I can definitely feel the difference in my skin. It makes my face feel smooth and refreshed. I love this product so much, it quickly became my daily skin care routine. It is effective and affordable. It's worth a try.

cedge Wed 13-Mar-13 13:39:05

gd1976 - I agree. There are simple recipes on the net. Much more effective IMO.

gd1976 Mon 11-Mar-13 21:56:11

Make your own, far cheaper and more effective than anything else. Search vitamin c on makeupalley and you will see the rave reviews and recipes for making it. Quite amazing, and not what the cosmetics companies want us to know about!!! smile

cardamomginger Sat 09-Mar-13 21:48:50

grin

Walnutcakelover Sat 09-Mar-13 21:23:52

Hi just reporting back on the vitamin c serum that I bought
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Obagi-Professional-C-Serum-15-New-Sealed-30ml-/221191320160?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item338007b260
I have only used it twice, but my skin already feels so radiant, fresh, smooth and dare i say young looking, even my Husband commented smile.

Walnutcakelover Mon 04-Mar-13 21:17:08

cardo that is really good, glad your skin looks good. I will try this vitamin c serum and report back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now