Any recommendations for work jackets that aren't FUGLY?

(14 Posts)

I need to smarten up a bit and swap cardies for jackets. I don't want anything too formal or structured. But not too cheap looking.

I'd wear them with dresses mostly.

But I'd like some colour (green/plum/nice grey?), something a bit different and not too thick so I'm not having to hoik it off to let my armpits breathe every 10 mins.

Is there such a jacket?

Hopefully Sat 09-Feb-13 15:48:28

IME, no. I've just had one made in desperation. I do think jackets look way better for work than cardigans though, and I am reliably informed that there is a real trend atm towards being smarter in the work place. Apparently it's because people are upping their game in the face of the recession.

germyrabbit Sat 09-Feb-13 17:08:01

french connection have some great jackets, have two from the sale which are smart but different

joliejolie Sat 09-Feb-13 17:12:43

Zara, always Zara.

sassytheFIRST Sat 09-Feb-13 20:25:09

Jersey blazers

Charliefox Sat 09-Feb-13 21:10:59

Well I'm going to give a white jacket a whirl! Saw a newsreader in one and she looked fab. love this one

JumpHerWho Sat 09-Feb-13 21:24:35

How about this bargain ? Nice and bright.

Oo yes. Like that one from mango. I'm going to have a butch a Zara too. Thank you!

Don't think I'd get away with white at our place.
Someone wore a cream jacket last week and got called the man from Del Monte all day hmm

I find silk and linen jackets the best - they aren't as heavy or restrictive and as hot.

I like this shape for dresses.

I have this one in navy and have worn it loads in late spring, summer and early autumn.

Thanks again for good tips. I bought this one yesterday which has a kind of muted mauve tone to it in RL. now I just need a lighter one, as MissBeehiving suggested.

JumpHerWho Sun 17-Feb-13 11:20:29

That jacket is lovely.

EnjoyResponsibly Sun 17-Feb-13 12:57:53

Try Warehouse. They had a grey jacket with a lovely matching dress and trousers last week.

EnjoyResponsibly Sun 17-Feb-13 12:59:23

Here try this link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now