Any hairdressers there? Layers on curly hair

(4 Posts)
laluna Mon 04-Feb-13 20:33:47

DD (11) has v curly hair which just sits on her shoulders. It is spirally with a few layers but the weight pulls it v flat and it tends to look triangular in shape. My hairdresser is v cautious and is always reluctant to do anything drastic to DD's hair but it really needs an overhaul. What should I advise/ask? Would quite short layers be the wrong thing to do?

MerlotAndMe Mon 04-Feb-13 20:37:16

I have curly hair and I never want a layer shorter than the top of my ears. It just doesn't work. but lower than the top of the ear,lots of layers are good. I like if you get a good hairdresser who will do curved layers so that the hair oesn't sit like a row of shelves or steps.

when i grow my hair without layers it is also triangular!

Hypermutley Mon 04-Feb-13 20:58:57

hi, can i suggest you try asking this question on another website http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/

StinkyWicket Mon 04-Feb-13 21:55:41

I second Hypermutley - or get her to have this cut - pinterest.com/pin/326299935471627485/ or this one pinterest.com/pin/326299935471534447/. Hair will always be triangular without a bit of layering!

britishcurlies is good for finding a curly hair cutter and good products.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now