The phrase "Breton top" makes me heave

(176 Posts)
MaureenShit Sun 27-Jan-13 07:34:39

No one says this in rl. They say "a stripey t shirt " fgs

To be fair she does have "shit" in her name though, so it's kind of a fact grin........

sleepdodger Sat 02-Feb-13 12:56:52

I didn't say shit shock

Well, that's very un S&B shock

dexter73 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:00:10

I think it is because you called the op shit in strikethrough.

cardoon Sat 02-Feb-13 08:42:20

Maybe Mo and Olivia are one and the same? grin

sleepdodger Sat 02-Feb-13 00:08:11

Hi Olivia
I know strike out can be seen
I'm unsure as to what my personal attack was?
I referenced someone's striped shirt as boring in a tongue in cheek way whilst the whole thread is talking about people saying a certain way of walking is irritating etc yet my point was I work in a world where that language is common
Shrugs

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Feb-13 23:53:33

sleepdodger

Er why was my reply deleted??

Because we can still see the posts in strikeout font and we don't allow personal attacks.

Thanks

Yes sleep why, now no one will know why I love you!grin can't remember what you did but I thought it was great....go on say it again!

sleepdodger Fri 01-Feb-13 20:59:34

Er why was my reply deleted??

CarriedAwayAnnie Wed 30-Jan-13 14:15:26

Oh she'll just love being compared to Miranda wink

polyhymnia Wed 30-Jan-13 13:39:10

Who or what is 'celebrated Miranda with penis'???

rollmopses Wed 30-Jan-13 11:35:28

Oh, I do apologise, however, if ever there's a poster who evokes the image of celebrated Miranda with penis, she is it. Purely based on her styleeee.

GetOrf Wed 30-Jan-13 11:31:46

Maureen has been here for years and is a S&B regular, just under various name changes.

Nothing wrong with mildly taking the piss out of fashion terminology is there?

rollmopses Wed 30-Jan-13 11:28:10

Miss Mr shit is clearly bored and whittling away mindlessly, hoping to provoke. Pity he she is not witty enough.

One yearns for a fat wet fish to pummel the numpties who get 'stabby'.

Ooooh I love you sleep!!!
I'm off to Vogue volume 4

sleepdodger Tue 29-Jan-13 21:48:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

shopafrolic Tue 29-Jan-13 20:34:37

Just to say that MN Vogue volume 4 has just started so jump aboard! They've made me v welcome.

Well I bought 2 BRETON tops today grin the lady at the next till was buying 3! I think it was maureenOP grin

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 28-Jan-13 20:15:12

I realised today that my Breton top (bought on holiday in Brittany from a sailing shop) is the oldest piece of clothing that I own and regularly wear: I have had it nearly 20 years...

I need to join them at the start though....by the time there are 851 pages I can't be bothered to read it all!!! grin

polyhymnia Mon 28-Jan-13 10:17:24

I'd always assumed that too, but perhaps was wrong.

I think the MN Vogue thread is the new version.

noddyholder Mon 28-Jan-13 08:57:21

Sssh it's a secret smile

Pseudonymity Sun 27-Jan-13 23:57:06

Any tips on how I can find the new A&W? I used to love a few clicks on the links and following a whole group of people was so much more interesting than individual fashion bloggers. I could never join 'full-time' though, I wouldn't keep up with it, I was more of a lurker!

I have a Breton top & dress - I'm out and proud. Also have Ash boots and a few other items thanks to the old threads. In reality 'a trouser' only ever gets used in very particular circumstances, when the trouser in question is hypothetical.

Topazandpearl Sun 27-Jan-13 22:30:48

My budget isn't as large as that of some other posters so I buy less, but since reading threads on S &B, I think I buy better quality and am happier with what I have. In the same way that I enjoy magazines that feature outfits out of my price range, I also enjoy reading contributions from posters with more generous budgets. It all feeds into my developing sense of what looks good now and my own confidence in my choices. There will always be people who disagree and that's ok too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now