How much do you expect to spend on clothes this year? Anyone want to keep track?!

(113 Posts)
Fizzler99 Wed 23-Jan-13 22:55:52

I have not bought anything so far........

noviceoftheday Mon 28-Jan-13 11:17:35

Mominatrix, I will definitely make the effort to try again as you're totally selling it and I do love that shoe! Sigh. In the meanwhile I have had emails from matches and netaporter to say my weekend purchases are on their way. smile

Mominatrix Mon 28-Jan-13 13:13:44

I've admired PP from the side for a couple years, but was always scared off by the colour and the boldness of pattern. It is actually DH who convinced me that I needed something like this in my wardrobe (he is my enabler!).

I wore the Prada dress a couple times last year, but I know it is something I will be able to continue to wear. Yes, it will be dated, but it is such a happy dress that I'll happily wear it, despite not being in fashion anymore. Can't wait for the warm weather to look for another occasion to wear it.

What did you get from NAP and Matches, novice?

Hopefully Mon 28-Jan-13 14:03:21

Mom that dress is amazing. I love PP prints, although the colours are never right for me.

MarshaBrady Mon 28-Jan-13 14:35:00

The PP dress is amazing Monimatrix and will look fantastic on you. Your dh is a good enabler!

I love thinking about a design for ages then finally getting something. Saloni, Derek Lam and have seen a few Prabal Gurung things float by on pin. One day.

noviceoftheday Mon 28-Jan-13 16:29:39

Mominatrix, I got the Chloe Marcie bag from matches [[http://www.matchesfashion.com/Product/138215 ]]. From nap, I got the Louboutins www.net-a-porter.com/product/331072 and this dvf www.net-a-porter.com/product/367880.

That PP dress is beautiful, I couldn't carry it off though!!

noviceoftheday Mon 28-Jan-13 16:29:51

Mominatrix, I got the Chloe Marcie bag from matches [[http://www.matchesfashion.com/Product/138215 ]]. From nap, I got the Louboutins www.net-a-porter.com/product/331072 and this dvf www.net-a-porter.com/product/367880.

That PP dress is beautiful, I couldn't carry it off though!!

scarlet76 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:41:51

Quick January Round up from me:
ASOS burgundy leather jacket £120 but £100 of that was money given to me for xmas.
Boden charcoal jumper ordered but sent back as ugly 'marl' colour and tight.
Black spot dress from Next £40
£60 for January brings me in under budget!!

daisie4 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:58:22

Anyone still doing this? I'm shocked at how much I've spent!

erowid Tue 19-Feb-13 20:02:14

£3:49 for 1 cardigan from charity shop since Jan 1st! grin

twentythirteen Tue 19-Feb-13 20:02:21

I've decided to have no spend months every other month, am hoping this will begin to naturally curb my spending habits!!!

Oh Christ, I thought I was doing quite well but it's more than doubled since I last posted on this thread. I have done loads of ebaying though <redeems self>

daisie4 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:11:22

Some of my purchases are for summer, so I'm not sure they really count until August grin

scarlet76 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:42:38

My £70 per month budget has failed in February after a good January.
This month:
Boden spotty shirt £33
Boden button back jumper £50
Topshop burgundy spotty dress £38
M&S Limited collection linen T £20
M&S Limited collection vest £7.50
Clarks shoe boots £50

yikes! In fairness I am selling some old stuff on ebay and as it stands, look to make at least £100 so that will reduce the over spend a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now