Remember WIT and her going home from hospital outfit

(23 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Fri 18-Jan-13 10:38:21

http://www.modernmummusthave.com/2013/01/18/mmm-modern-mum-red-magazines-laura-fantacci/

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 18-Jan-13 10:38:43
Curtsey Fri 18-Jan-13 10:49:34

Oh thank god. I honestly think I would have given up and cried had the cream silk actually worked out!
Her maternity looks are so so lovely, but I tried the whole belting the top of my bump thing more than once and it was bloody uncomfortable. Bet she whipped off those belts the second she got to work.

Nice to know she went home in the same thing as me, though my leggings were Isabella Oliver <preens>

Bless her, nice that she admitted it!

lurkingaround Fri 18-Jan-13 11:09:23

Goodness, she looks great in her going-home outfit envy

I love the "I was lucky enough to be heavily pregnant in summer during the summer" line. Eh?? I don't remember that. My memory (of myself) is waddling about with puffy ankles, puffy hot blotchy face, and a virtual radiator of a baby keeping me, ahem, well, cosy, is the word I suppose.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 18-Jan-13 11:11:04

She is naturally very tiny and pretty which helps and pregnancy suited her. But yes when I was pregnant during the summer - it was not good.

Ooh, I'm glad she changed her mind. I couldn't bear to see the cream silk dress ruined smile

Emo76 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:38:24

she has great taste!
Don't forget we didn't have a proper summer in the UK last year so it wasn't hot.

I was pregnant during summer 2006. It was hell!

I like her boots in that pic, been looking for a pair like that

FrancesFarmer Fri 18-Jan-13 11:53:35

Aw, nice article.

MaureenShit Fri 18-Jan-13 11:54:42

what was it = the outfit?

M&S leggings and a big jumper she sent her husband out for, when she realised the cream silk was a no-go!

I liked being pregnant in the summer (better than overdue on Xmas day and sulking through Braxton Hicks while everyone else got pissed and troughed pâté), but there were no short, cute dresses for me - it was maxi city she probably didn't put on 3.5st though

shine0ncrazydiamond Fri 18-Jan-13 12:21:11

Greta Zita

A ha ha ha

smile

She looks lovely.

But she is still a bloomin' idiot for not listening to anybody about the cream silk, and about how she'd still feel pregnant post-birth and want something baggy.

Silly girl. I'd forgotten all about WIT. I got v v bored with her blog though, so probably won't bother looking out for her again.

Heavywheezing Fri 18-Jan-13 17:01:34

Some of those looks just didn't work. But she looked happy with them, that's all that matters.

libertychick Fri 18-Jan-13 21:41:32

Oh that is really sweet! I have so much sympathy for those who were naive about how you would feel after giving birth.

justasecond Fri 18-Jan-13 21:56:15

Me too summerrain it was bloody awful, thought I was going to boil alive.
She does look good though.

Iggity Fri 18-Jan-13 21:57:12

This reminded me of Kate Garraway. She left hospital post-birth head to toe in white...well with a pale pink cardie.

trixymalixy Fri 18-Jan-13 22:26:30

Fair play to her for admitting the cream silk dress was a bit of a naive choice. She looked great in her going home from hospital photos <<burns mine>>.

fuckwittery Fri 18-Jan-13 22:31:34

I need a link to the original blog post (?) with the cream silk dress please, I need a laugh!

Celticlassie Fri 18-Jan-13 22:33:31

I Love these boots. Anyone know where they're from?

ceeveebee Fri 18-Jan-13 22:39:16

What is going on with Claudia Schiffer's left nipple in the stripy jumper shot?!? Or is it just an unfortunately placed stain?

monkeysmama Fri 18-Jan-13 23:07:45

I think it was on Twitter rather than a blog post (going home dress)

Which boots? The studded bikers are Zara.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now