Tights that don't fall down, do they exist?!!

(31 Posts)
Flossiechops Wed 16-Jan-13 20:04:42

I am seeking the holy grail! I have to wear uniform for work (nurse) but no matter which tights I buy they drive me nuts by falling down. With the weather atm I need thicker ones/fleece type. Please help me wise ones before I go insane!! grin

I find it infuriating that you can buy different tights from the same shop/brand and some will fall down and some won't. Arghhh!

And "hipster" tights just shouldn't exist full stop - can anyone keep these up? Tights should be hoiked up to your bosom for extra warmth grin

lurkingaround Thu 17-Jan-13 15:17:12

Double knickers!! I've heard it all now. You learn something new everyday. Sheesh.

Don't like Primark ones, feel horrible and fall down (no matter what the size).
Am doing well atm with Tesco (is it Velvet) 140 denier. Nice and matt, don't fall down. But am also going to invest in Falke/Wolford when next in town.

But it really irritates me. We can get men and women on the moon, but can't make tights that stay up?

CaroleService Thu 17-Jan-13 16:05:36

I like tights with a high waistband. Since I am an apple with a very large behind, they usually cut me in too.

Would the M&S ones work d'you reckon, ilovesimplethings?

ILoveOnionRings Thu 17-Jan-13 18:49:44

Prudence I agree with hoiked to bosom, normal way for my foundation garments grin

Superene Thu 17-Jan-13 21:40:07

When she gets a ladder in her tights my mum cuts off the offending leg at the top of the thigh, waits til she has two and then wears them as a pair. Not double knickered, but double gussetted! Don't know whether they fall down less though.

kaumana Thu 17-Jan-13 23:34:23

Going by a previous thread, it was decided that picking a size up helps i.e 8-10 12, 12-14 large etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now