Does anybody buy Poetry clothing?

(7 Posts)
hiddenhome Mon 16-Apr-12 21:17:33

I thought I'd try a few items this year and the stuff in the catalogue sale looked nice.

Some of the cotton tops are okay, but my jumper (baby alpaca) has only been worn a few times and it looks knackered sad It's been handwashed once and left to drip dry.

A few of the other tops/tunic are very thin and it all seems overpriced.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for any of this stuff. Shame really because I like the way it looks and the sizing is pretty good.

TheDowager Tue 17-Apr-12 10:38:29

Agreed - hit and miss. I have some linen tops which have lasted beautifully, and I have worn them LOTS. Other stuff shrank / bobbled / etc.

polyhymnia Tue 17-Apr-12 11:59:13

Agree also. Very hit and miss. Have a couple of their printed linen knit tops from last summer which I really like and wash well, but have also had stuff whose quality didn't justify the high prices at all.

Have found the same with Wrap, who are the same company. Their pricy things look great on the site but often don't in reality.

Agree about wrap clothes- they soon wear out and dont look as nice as in the catalogue. They seem expensive for the quality.

hiddenhome Tue 17-Apr-12 16:55:42

Oh, I was wondering why I was receiving Wrap catalogues.

I daren't tell dh because he bought some of these items for me sad The tunic is in some weird fabric (rami or something) and it crumples very easily.

NewGirlInTown Tue 17-Apr-12 20:23:01

I agree very hit and mix. Some of the linen mix tops areVERY thin fabric so you see your bra completely! They also wear out far too quickly for the price.
I always wait for the sale and never buy full price, they are very overpriced.

Nice colours though!

vickers79 Sun 03-Feb-13 19:46:43

I've bought a few items from Poetry. I like their style and fabrics. But so far I hven't attempted to wash them!! Far too expensive though - so only buy them in the sale. I agree, also nice colours - pastel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now