Cycling World Championship 2013, in Florence.

(59 Posts)
weregonnaneedasmallerPan Sun 22-Sep-13 22:48:51

From Chavanel to Petacchi, a lead out for the Champs.

A guide to the timetable and teams competing
Not sure yet about tv coverage. Shall we check and report back?

DramaAlpaca Sun 22-Sep-13 22:57:31

Thanks Pan that'll keep us going smile.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 22-Sep-13 22:57:53

(stakes spot at the back of the peloton)

soupmaker Sun 22-Sep-13 23:00:12

Joins Endo lurking up the back.

ariadneoliver Sun 22-Sep-13 23:12:32

<Leans out of car window handing out drinks>

DramaAlpaca Sun 22-Sep-13 23:13:46

Someone will be along with a magic spanner in a minute...

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Sun 22-Sep-13 23:17:15

I love that ad on tv where the bloke is riding to a screen in front, and his dearest, in dressing gown, hands him a bottle as he rides on his axles. Sad but funny.

NicholasTeakozy Mon 23-Sep-13 06:24:47

<sidles up to rear of peloton>

Was it just me or was it just a little bit strange watching a World Championship with teams instead of nations?

I'm here - NT I think that was the only race which involved teams wasn't it? Tis a bit odd though, you're right. I will have to keep tabs on what's going on from a distance as I'm away for work and will not be anywhere suitable for leaping up and down and shouting "come on Cav", but never mind.

Wiggo seems on very good form, but I thought he sounded a bit down yesterday, I hope a good race on Wednesday will bring him back to his perky self again.

DramaAlpaca Mon 23-Sep-13 10:55:49

frosty I thought Wiggo sounded a bit down yesterday as well. Hope he goes well on Wednesday.

soupmaker Mon 23-Sep-13 15:17:54

Think Brad's year been so rubbish it's not surprising he was sounding a bit downbeat. Going to watch it all again as taped it so can view while feeding DD2. smile

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Mon 23-Sep-13 19:04:15

And in other news, it looks like Alonso's purchase of Euska-Eska has fallen through. The parties couldn't come to an agreement.

and I forgot to mention Cyclingnews.com published the transcript of a convo with Horner re him being a 'redacted' rider on the enquiry into LA. They could have said 'we tried but failed' and left it at that, but instead they published the degree of evasion. I'm guessing the redacted names are those of riders who there was some 'dirt' on but the authorities erred on the side of libelous caution. Obv doesn't actually mean he was enjoying a fruity sauce on his steaks in Spain.

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Mon 23-Sep-13 19:05:18

that should be on whom there was some dirt...

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 23-Sep-13 21:17:10

Have found UCI Youtube channel, that will have to do. Seems there's a choice between full 3 hour races and 9 minute highlights!

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Wed 25-Sep-13 07:17:12

TT today is on BB2 Live, for those without really mean employers...Lord Wiggo of Wiggoland sounds pretty well upfrit in interview.

HowGoodIsThat Wed 25-Sep-13 08:31:00

<sweeps road and checks for tacks>

I am working from home to day but sadly, having had a quick look in the Inbox, I will actually have to work. Sigh.

NicholasTeakozy Wed 25-Sep-13 08:53:07

Ooh goody, I'll try to finish early today and watch it on the BBBC <shoehorns Count Arthur Strong reference> at least for the last hour. What Wiggo said about TTs is right, it's your legs against theirs, no bullshit and no bluffing about how strong you are. He's got a great chance, as Horner did in the Vuelta, as he hasn't raced much this year and is thus fresher than the others.

soupmaker Wed 25-Sep-13 09:45:04

Hurrah. On MAT leave. DD better want long feeds this afternoon.

LostInWales Wed 25-Sep-13 14:00:50

Sir Bradley (as the lovely commentator keeps calling him grin) will be coming in to finish at almost exactly the time I have to pick DS3 up from school <shakes fist at timings organiser>. Time for a coffee I think.

DramaAlpaca Wed 25-Sep-13 14:36:44

I'm at work & will have to miss the live coverage. Will catch up later thanks to my trusty Sky+ box.

I only heard yesterday about the collapse of the Alonso/Euskalkel Euskadi deal (didn't see Pan's post what with being off MN for a couple of days). What a shame. There will be many riders dealing with further uncertainty now.

NicholasTeakozy Wed 25-Sep-13 17:22:46

What a shame about Euskaltel Euskadi. For a few weeks their future seemed a little brighter, now it doesn't.

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Wed 25-Sep-13 19:06:32

I'm stuck! I don't know who won, but there isn't a highlights show anywhere. Would anyone know where it may be available on t'internet anywhere. After a while I'll probably just check anyone. As @jensie says, 'it's only a bike race'.

soupmaker Wed 25-Sep-13 19:26:23

IPlayer. Was on BBC2 today.

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Wed 25-Sep-13 21:19:45

Durrrr...forgot about iplayer. Just watched the big finishers. Are we okay to mention??

weregonnaneedasmallerPan Wed 25-Sep-13 22:06:35

Surely now?

Quite pleased for the Grande Escapado of All Time to get what he was essentially training for on that hot afternoon in Spain. And he seems a decent sort? Bradders knew he was beaten by the better TTer didn't he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now