Do you think my finger is infected?

(7 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Tue 24-May-16 16:33:03

I'm a nail biter sad which then escalates into a skin-around-nail-nail-biter when I have no nail left to bite.
The photo doesn't really show it clearly, but it's swollen on the side, really sore and has clear/yellow shit coming out confused
What should I do with it??
Leave it, or keep poking at it until no more crap comes out?

WishesAndPixieDust Tue 24-May-16 16:43:20

Clean with antiseptic then put a plaster on it. An ice pack may help with any swelling.

PeaceLoveAndDiscoBiscuits Tue 24-May-16 21:21:03

Soak it in hot (not boiling) water with a bit of salt added for ten minutes a day.

Or prod and savlon.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 24-May-16 21:22:35

Stop biting your nails.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 24-May-16 21:28:57

I put it in hot water....gave it a little prod, and loads of clear/yellow stuff came out, so I kept prodding until it was just blood coming out. The swelling has gone down quite a lot too!
I've been trying to stop biting my nails since I was about 13....I do well, they look nice, so I go and get them done with Shellac. Then a few weeks later the shellac grows out and I bite it off, wrecking my own nails in the process. Then I just carry on nibbling blush

PeaceLoveAndDiscoBiscuits Tue 24-May-16 21:30:37

Make a repeat appointment for your manis smile

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 24-May-16 21:34:54

I will do once I have skin on the side of my finger again confused Nail biting is a stupid habit, but one that is really difficult to break!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now