Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: MN event at Mothercare Edmonton: Thurs 9th May 2-5pm: come along: nibbles and goody bag to be had.....

(39 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-May-13 19:21:17

You may know we are working with Mothercare on a range of projects this year.

Following a webchat with their CEO we are now recruiting MNers to go along to the flagship Edmonton (North London) store for a special event.

Here's some info about this unique store: www.mothercare.com/mothercare-edmonton-store/edmonton-store,default,pg.html

Details of this event
Edmonton Store Event
Thursday 9th May 2013
2-5pm - you are welcome to arrive at any point during this time and stay for 10 mins or the whole session if you like!

~ children/ babies welcome
~ you can bring your partner/ friend etc
~ with regret no travel costs will be paid
~ parking available at the store

address and directions here

At the event you'll be taken on a tour of the store and receive expert advice from Mothercare's trained staff and parenting consultant. You'll be able to see all the latest collections and meet some of their buyers and play with the toys in Early Learning Centre!

Also drinks and nibbles will be served and each attending MNer will get a goody bag...as well as (hopefully) some surprises.

In return we'd love you to add your feedback and photos from the event about the store on a thread on Mumsnet. Take your smart phone or camera along and you'll be able to add a photo to the feedback thread. As a thank you for attending there will be a prize draw for a £50 Mothercare voucher to be won by one MNer who adds their feedback or photo to the thread.

If you are able to attend please can you add your details on this form so we can put you on the list.

firawla Fri 03-May-13 14:23:40

I really wanted to go! was going to try and make it when it was 5-7 but now the earlier time no way I can, will be in hosp apt with ds. Are you going to do any more of these kind of events in future?

TenaciousOne Fri 03-May-13 15:08:40

We can be there smile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 03-May-13 16:08:48

So sorry Firwala...so hard to get the 'right time' for everyone..
Possibly more events.
Keep an eye out on the insight page for all sorts of things!

Reenypip Fri 03-May-13 16:39:05

I really wanted to go too but I'm having my little girl by c section that day :-)

firawla Fri 03-May-13 16:42:26

congrats reeny!

thanks annmumsnet will keep my eye on it, hopefully can make the next one smile

What sort of age range is suitable to attend.I have a 2 and 4 year old, but don't want to go if aimed at babies rather than potty training toddlers.

Will be coming straight from midwife appointment, so I put down the time I hope to be there. Of course, they could be running late - will it be a problem if I'm late for my slot?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 03-May-13 18:04:05

Monsterbook it's for anyone who is interested in seeing the store...have a look at the link above, the elc bit looks really cool for 2 & 4 year olds!

Browneyesblue...no problem at all

janx Fri 03-May-13 20:46:09

Seems a strange time to me - especially if you have school aged kids too who need collecting hmm

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 03-May-13 22:06:40

Janx could you come after school, or before pick up? Depends how far away you are I guess? V. hard to find the right time for everyone...sorry if you can't come.

PregnantPain Fri 03-May-13 22:26:34

Can you post me the goody bag on account of the fact I will be precisely 40 weeks pregnant and therefore unable to attend? grin

Ah you don't ask you don't get!

grin

snickers251 Sat 04-May-13 07:14:23

Ooh I might just pop in, despite being in Chelmsford, im at my parents next week who live 5 mins from that store... Pregnantpain ill pick you up a bag wink

Reenypip Sat 04-May-13 10:35:11

Thanks firawla!

Reenypip Sat 04-May-13 10:37:27

Good idea pregnantpain!
I'm having my c section on the same day as event so can't make it. Was gonna come from Wales to attend.
Nevermind, maybe there will be more and can bring my boy and new addition sometime :-) be a bit of a trek, with my wheelchair, and 2 little ones. Ill bring someone along to help :-)

Eastie77 Sat 04-May-13 12:36:16

I'd like to come along and have signed up. Do I have to wait for e-mail confirmation before attending or can I just turn up?

Thanks,
E

janx Sat 04-May-13 14:57:00

I think I can make it. But are my kids too old 8&5? Thanks

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-May-13 09:52:09

snickers251 - please do add your details on the form!!

Eastie77 - just turn up but I will message all attendees this week anyway

janx - if you think it's a store you are interested in then please attend if you want to or can. Mothercare clothing goes up to an age 8 and ELC is up to about age 6.

Reenypip - good luck!

janey223 Sun 05-May-13 11:33:23

I'm on a course until 2.30 sad but could get there for about 3.30?

janx Sun 05-May-13 12:02:06

Yes please then - can you add me to the listsmile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-May-13 12:09:31

janey223 - that's fine - you can turn up at any time.
janx - add your details here so I have everyone on the same list...thanks

Would love to go if i got there at 2pm would have to leave in half hour to get back to south london to babysit by 4pm.

Would i still be able to get a goody bag? <wonders>

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-May-13 16:45:52

ilove - yes no probs! Put your name down!!!

MrsDeVere Sun 05-May-13 18:18:46

I am aiming for 2pm because ....ahem Mothercare....SCHOOL RUN.

Just sayin' like.

I'd love to come but Mothercare closed my profit making early learning centre shop and made me redundant so now I can't afford it wink grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now