This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED: Insight Annual Round-up 2012: Join our panel or let us know what you’ve enjoyed this year and what you’d like us to do next year. FAB prizes up for grabs (again)

(290 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:07:06

The time has come for the insight team at MNHQ to do our annual round up of the year, to plead for those of you not yet on our panel to sign up and to thank you all for taking part in some amazing projects this year!

(In case you don't know insight covers surveys, product tests and sponsored threads on MN, as well as bloggers reviews, and reviewers recruitment)

Let us know what you think on this thread and you could win another prize!
We've got:

A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 worth c£180 courtesy of the team at TalkTalk more details here

A whole years' supply of Aldi nappies from the folks at Aldi - worth c.£500

And thanks to the Royal Academy we have two x 4 adult tickets to their new exhibition showcasing Manet early next year. There are two prizes each of 4 tickets (if children under 12 they will go in free so the winner can invite another 2 adults) - worth £120. More info here

In 2012 we have given away over £25,000 worth of prizes in the form of vouchers, books, beauty products, hampers and technology.
You have tested nearly £70,000 worth of products - including having your DCs put My Little Pony, Chicco toys and Wonderbook Book of Spells to the test.

We've surely made (some of you) look younger or slimmer with product tests for Garnier UltraLift, Origins Plantscription and M&S shapewear. wink

We've helped feed the family by trying out the HomeCooker from Jamie and Philips, scoffing Kingsmill Fruit and Fibre bread and helped make dishes tasty by introducing Bisto Stock Melts.

We've got you talking about a range of topics - from baking for the Big Fair Bake, visiting National Trust properties with the family and cleaning with Ecover.

What have you enjoyed taking part in this year? Or appreciated reading about? What would you like us to product test next year?

Most of the product tests are on site but we also do a lot of projects with our lovely research panel. If you are not yet on our panel please see this link for more info or to sign up. You can select how often you get emailed and you can leave at any time if it?s not for you.

So to win one of the lovely prizes please do one of the following:
~ Post on this thread about what you've enjoyed doing insight-wise this year or what you've appreciated reading about
~ Post on the thread any suggestions for product tests etc you'd like to see next year (no promises but we can try!)
~ Post on the thread to say you have joined the panel

Thanks as ever for your time and feedback - all very much welcome grin
AnnMumsnet, TheOtherHelenMumsnet and KatieBMumsnet
x

Teladi Sat 22-Dec-12 22:25:09

I think I must have messed up somehow as while I am on the panel I hardly ever get emails and don't think I have tested anything this year despite filling in the survey for quite a few things! I tested the Naturally Powered spray, which I liked, it lasted for ages! I don't shop in Tesco though so haven't had it again. I'm not sure what I'd like to test but will keep trying to sign up for the different tests. smile

Belmo Sat 22-Dec-12 22:41:49

I love testing things, it's so exciting getting things in the post! I've just done the ecover and method tests so far - liked them both - and I like to have a read of the review threads. Would love to test some make up/beauty stuff, and I'd really like to win a prize please?!

I loved doing the Aveda hair thickening test. I like doing the surveys too.

I'd love to have the chance to test things like:

a mobile phone (I don't have one and am not convinced I want one, so it would be probably a waste of money to buy one)

anti ageing type things - especially handcream

local cafes etc: not sure if this is workable but it would be a brilliant way to expand the MN Local pages.

LiveItUp Sat 22-Dec-12 23:14:54

I joined recently and have already done the Method detergent test which I really enjoyed - now trying to find it in the shops. Also really like doing the surveys and giving thoughtful and honest feedback.

More of the same next year please ....

telsa Sat 22-Dec-12 23:22:22

Ok, have taken the plunge. Keen to get reviewing now!

poncyettia Sun 23-Dec-12 00:14:15

Hi I joined earlier this year and have had a great time - Tesco washing powder (ok), Kingsmill Fruit and Fibre (did not go down well in this house)and Method washing liquid (bloody fantastic!)

Enjoyed doing the relevant surveys as well and was really chuffed to get a £20 Amazon voucher too.

Would love to see some more outdoorsy type product tests - maybe camping or gardening or veg growing type things - anything to get the dc out of the house grin

LiveItUp try here

SunshinePanda Sun 23-Dec-12 06:52:58

Just signed up. Have only tried washing liquid so far from MN and found that exciting! Can't wait to try more stuff.

JustCallMeBaldrick Sun 23-Dec-12 07:22:22

I've enjoyed the things I've tested (another Method convert here!), and really hope the companies involved take our feedback on-board.

PeppermintonCandyCane Sun 23-Dec-12 08:20:07

Merry Christmas to the lovely AnnMumsnet, TheOtherHelenMumsnet and KatieBMumsnet smile.

The Mini-Mintons and I have had the best year, in the name of product testing.

We shot video for XBox of us leaping about the living room playing Kinect. And have been totally converted to XBox - guess what's on everyone's Christmas list? So a big thanks for that one.

We scoffed a delicious country pub lunch as secret shoppers for the Family Friendly Awards, in Abinger.

I love filling in surveys [easily pleased] so take a few minutes to do the ones that come my way. Especially as there's always a decent carrot prize up for grabs. And I do read and use the feedback threads if I need to buy something.

For next year, more food tests, gadgets, household stuff, wine...please

MariahScarey Sun 23-Dec-12 08:22:13

I won the hair stuff. And some moisturizer. I'd like more beauty definitely.

tealady Sun 23-Dec-12 08:44:52

I have enjoyed product testing an iron this year - and found it useful to test a product that I would otherwise have been nervous of buying because of the high cost.
For most things I buy, I like to see what reviewers have said eg on amazon or other on line retailers as I think you get a much more realistic picture than by reading the advertsiing blurb

Doobydoo Sun 23-Dec-12 10:00:24

Love the products we can all try.The boys take it quite seriously.Find reviews of products I haven't tested very useful.I trust Mumsnetters!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Sun 23-Dec-12 12:13:24

I rather liked trying the kingsmill fruit bread smile

threepiecesuite Sun 23-Dec-12 12:17:34

I tested M&S Shapewear which was brilliant, because I'd never have been able to afford such an extravagance myself.
We also tested lots of food items and through the panel, I gave my views on BT for abrilliantly timed Amazon voucher just before Christmas.

I'd like to test some products with my nearly 3yo DD so we can talk about the product and give her views, maybe story books or small toys?

I'd also like the chance to visit and test something from a shop I've never been in before, eg. Waitrose.

Thanks Mumsnet for all the things you let me be involved in this year.

Agree re 'I trust MNers.' I think this is the absolute best way to find out about products and whether they are likely to be any good for me, or for my family. Don't trust adverts and most magazine articles about beauty or foodstuffs are actually adverts anyway, so it's great to find out what REAL people think.

helcrai Sun 23-Dec-12 13:04:26

I've joined the panel quite recently and can honestly say I find it quite exciting when I get an e-mail from Mumsnet! (Sad I know but hey the highlight of my day is chatting to the postman usually now that I'm a stay-at-home Mum!)

I've enjoyed trying out the Method laundry liquid as its been useful considering 90% of my time seems to be doing laundry nowadays. Nice not to have to shell out for washing detergent for once too. The surveys are good too- great incentives for very little effort & I'm a comper too which means I'll give anything a go for a prize. Overall, nice to know we Mums are making a difference in influencing the companies whose products we buy and use often.
I've enjoyed looking at the feedback for wonderbook- eldest daughter had been going on about this for ages and we hadn't a clue whether it was worth buying but it looks excellent so that was her

Would like to see more household products tested- washing detergents, cleaning products, etc. All stuff that is essential in a busy household. With the finances being pinched at the moment it certainly helps not having to buy these even for a couple of weeks. I agree with some of the other suggestions above about being able to test days out locally- would be fun for all the family and cheap too!

Piggychunk Sun 23-Dec-12 13:13:10

Having taken part last year and completed all the surveys asked of me. I really enjoyed being part of the team. Haven't won anything so need to try again this year!

Piggychunk Sun 23-Dec-12 13:14:27

Oh and I would to see more product testing aimed at teenagers my daughter would be very keen and it would a good way for her to learn to write reports.

Yes to the suggestion for trials of stuff for teenagers. My dds would love that!

fuzzpig Sun 23-Dec-12 15:52:07

I joined the panel ages ago <polishes halo> but I would really like to see some product testing for anything gluten free. My DH and my 14yo DSD are both coeliac and a lot of food is very expensive - which makes it difficult to try new products regularly.

We've done the Kingsmill bread this year - still can't find it on Tesco site though. Unfortunately the product was delivered very late so we only got to try it once before it went off sad but it was lovely. We have also done the a2 milk thing.

I like taking part in things like this, and I usually take a look at all new product threads before deciding whether to sign up or not.

It would be great to have more local things - especially things we could get the DCs involved in. Due to illness/money etc our lives are very 'small' IYSWIM, and any exposure to something different makes a nice change!

turkeyboots Sun 23-Dec-12 16:58:26

I have done the chocolate porridge (uck) Netflicks and method (brilliant stuff). I've really enjoyed them as prompted me to do something new.

I read all the feedback threads, even the ones I don't get to try out, as value the honest viewpoints of other MN'ers.

For 2013, maybe more car reviews? Laptops/electonics? And pet stuff? I really liked the Netflicks trial (although not so keen on Netflicks itself) so maybe more service type trials?

starfishmummy Sun 23-Dec-12 17:09:07

It was my first year on the panel so i was delighted to win the draw for testing dettol products!!
Ive done a load of surveys and failed to get picked for the Jamie cooker thingy but given my minuscule kitchen it was probably just as well!

baahhumbug Sun 23-Dec-12 19:43:20

I have been a member for a while and had the chance to try a few things. Thank you so much. Obviously I am delighted to be currently testing the Dyson DC44, I have also tested Method laundry liquid, Tesco laundry wash, M&S shapewear and cheese. However, so far the Dyson is my favourite grin

I would love the chance to try shopping in other stores and also try other natural or organic items, cleaning or otherwise. I am often reluctant to buy them as never sure they will do as good a job as non organic items. Most of all I would love the chance to test a carpet cleaner.

Great work, I thoroughly enjoy reading the reviews on here.

Lomaamina Sun 23-Dec-12 20:04:30

I took part in the ecover wipes test, (was rather chuffed as it was the first time I'd tried for something) although I'm not on the panel. I'd sign up, but I'm worried it'll be too time consuming (I stopped doing surveys for boots as they were ridiculously long and repetitive).

I too would like to see teenage products (magazines, museum, gadgets all spring to mind). A lot of the products seem to assume your demographic is house obsessed. What about stuff for commuters, working parents?

I love being on the panel. This year I've tested Aldi nappies and wipes, the bread and some cheese. My DD thinks it's brilliant that clever Mummy gets food sent for her grin

Next year I would love to review books and agree with expanding the local section with a mystery shopper review bit on local services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now