Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

BS solicitors on twitter

(10 Posts)
2boysnamedR Sun 12-Jun-16 10:56:54

If anyone has had been in a tribunal against this firm, they are getting roasted today after tweeting about how they was laughing at a SEN family

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Sun 12-Jun-16 11:39:38

Tweets have been removed. What did they say?

My LA seem to have taken their advice re the writing of professional reports

search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/buckinghamshire/fsd/docs/guidance_for_professional_report_writing.pdf

Lottielou7 Sun 12-Jun-16 11:43:38

I never understand why people get in a flap about this firm because their arguments are bolleaux from what I can see.

As an aside it does bother me that a solicitor would set out to try to stop disabled children from getting what they are entitled to. There is a special place in hell for them, I think.

2boysnamedR Sun 12-Jun-16 12:17:58

This and more.

2boysnamedR Sun 12-Jun-16 12:19:03

The twit has a Twitter feed on their website which is now down.

Lottielou7 Sun 12-Jun-16 13:11:45

How are they managing to win tribunals though? Their arguments against ABA seem to be something like a lot of kids who do it continue to work on P scales. Which kind of ignores that it's not a tool for some children to succeed academically but to learn basic skills that they otherwise wouldn't.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 12-Jun-16 19:00:17

There's a long thread on this on AIBU - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2659460-Is-this-appropriate-conduct-for-solicitors?

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 12-Jun-16 19:03:12

The trouble is that the tribunal apparently doesn't always think their arguments are bollocks, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. And they succeed to a great extent by being very aggressive, and by some iffy practices like serving loads of evidence at the last minute - though I've heard the tribunal is cracking down on that one now, thank goodness.

Lottielou7 Sun 12-Jun-16 19:12:36

Augusta - I see. The thing I don't understand is why they specifically have an obsession about ABA? It seems most perculiar to me. There must be a personal agenda in there somewhere.

Obviously every case is different. Parents do need to be careful about ABA cases - they are more complex usually and you do have to have the evidence on the table. I think that obviously if they are fabricating lies then of course that will influence the outcome.

Lottielou7 Sun 12-Jun-16 19:13:30

BS I mean ( I can think of a better name which can also be shortened to bs)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now