Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA advice please

(7 Posts)
elfish Thu 17-Mar-16 16:33:38

Do i have to keep a paper trail of what i spend the DLA on, keep a log and hang onto receipts?
Does anyone do this?
Can DLA demand receipts and ask what it is spent on?

Sidge Thu 17-Mar-16 16:42:29

Not that I'm aware of!

We've been in receipt of DLA for 12 years now and never been asked to show evidence of spending. My DDs goes into the general household pot.

I think if you receive Direct Payments from your council then you have to justify the expenditure with receipts etc, but not DLA.

whatamess0815 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:21:37

never heard of it either. I don't keep a trail at all. most is used to fund me to go part time to in order to care for DD when she is not at school. there is no receipt for that in anyway wink

WellTidy Thu 17-Mar-16 20:41:45

No. Spend it as you see fit. The Dla that we receive for DS goes into the pot. I don't keep track of it at all. It doesn't go anywhere near paying for all that we spend due to his autism, eg ABA therapy, dietary supplements as he wont eat much, bigger size bodysuits, nappies etc.

zzzzz Thu 17-Mar-16 21:22:28

No but I do keep it "separate".

elfish Fri 18-Mar-16 23:56:19

Thank you, that's what i thought, but some busy body has tried to tell me otherwise, I will tell them to jog on.

zzzzz Sat 19-Mar-16 00:06:38

My Mother told me the same thing when Ds first got his, the implication being that I was just going to spend it on myself I suppose angry

The reality is that the other children and dh and I have been doing without for years (willingly) to ensure ds has what he needs.

It made me really really sad and if I'm honest has made the whole thing worrying rather than the relief it should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now