Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sensory assessment

(27 Posts)
Ineedmorepatience Tue 23-Apr-13 19:10:24

Many of you know my Dd3 has a dx of Asd she is also hypermobile in all her joints. She has what I believe to be sensory issues but sometimes it is difficult to separate these from her other difficulties.

I have been thinking about getting her assessed by an OT. She has had an OT assessment as part of her Asd assessment which included a sentence in the report about sensory issues.

She only has one year left at primary and I really think I need to understand more about what causes her difficulties ie is it proprioception issues that cause her to fall and walk into things or is it hypermobility?

I just want opinions really because I dont want to waste my money but I feel that I need to be able to explain her difficulties when she moves schools.

So is a sensory assessment worth having or not?

Thankyou for reading smile

Ineedmorepatience Tue 30-Apr-13 08:35:10

Lmao @ mareeya grin

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:35:13

mareeya - I have been told that the NHS in these parts does not do SI therapy although they do test for it hmm.

However, as I am appealing the LA is willing to pay for one hour a week with a private (also has to be post-grad and qualified) OT to provide SIT if DS1 attends m/s rather than OOC indi ss with onsite therapists.

It is amazing what provision appears when you appeal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now