Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A minor triumph thread

(16 Posts)
NoHaudinMaWheest Mon 18-Feb-13 21:03:54

I need to share today's events and you lot are the ones who will get why they are triumphs.
This morning Ds cleaned up a paint spill by himself and unprompted - I wasn't even in the room.

This afternoon we went to the dentist for a check up. For the first time ever Ds allowed her to examine him properly, intruments in his mouth etc. - he even let her take x rays!

His laptop is broken and has had to be sent away to be repaired. Although he is a bit grumpy about this there has been no major meltdown even though it is half term.

Finally at 16 things are definitely getting better.

Yay! Great start to the scary week!

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 18-Feb-13 21:08:04

Woo hoo, NoHaudin! grin I'm most impressed by the lack of meltdown over the laptop! Hope it gets repaired quickly for your sanity's sake, this week.

PolterGoose Mon 18-Feb-13 21:11:23

That is fantastic to hear, just one of those alone would be a triumph, 3 in a day is bloody amazing thanks

zzzzz Mon 18-Feb-13 22:11:14

Wow. How lovely for ALL of you. smile. I love good news.

Ineedmorepatience Mon 18-Feb-13 22:18:26

Great newsgrin

2old2beamum Mon 18-Feb-13 22:19:25

Absolutely brilliant NoHaudin's DS and Mum of course thanks smile

moosemama Mon 18-Feb-13 22:22:43

Fantastic NoHaudin! So pleased for you and ds. smile

NoHaudinMaWheest Tue 19-Feb-13 00:19:08

Thanks all. Think the dentist deserves some credit too. She has been great with him over the years and today it paid off.

coff33pot Tue 19-Feb-13 00:22:52

minor triumphs? they read more like mile high ones! smile

brilliant to read! Well done to your DS xx

Dev9aug Tue 19-Feb-13 00:24:22

I wouldn't call them minor at all... Sounds pretty big to me..smile

MareeyaDolores Tue 19-Feb-13 00:42:51

grin and thanks to dentist (presume box of chocsfor would be a professional insult hmm)

MerryCouthyMows Tue 19-Feb-13 03:05:19

Thank you. This gives me hope that maybe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel with DD.

Right now, at not-quite 15, any AND all of those things would have sent her into meltdown.

I'm happy for you - it's days like these that make you see WHY you keep slogging on, trying to help your DC's. Some of it does go in in the end, obviously!!

lougle Tue 19-Feb-13 06:48:44

That's a fantastic 'light at the end of the tunnel' story for us all.

streakybacon Tue 19-Feb-13 07:02:41

Crikey, that's huge!

troutsprout Tue 19-Feb-13 07:11:43

Yay NoHaudin smile
Those are major things. I am particularly impressed by the mopping up of the spill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now