This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Woven wraps - opinions please!

(7 Posts)
Copps Thu 11-Jul-13 15:21:43

Hi there all smile I'm new to wrapping and my son is 14 months. so.. my first question is, will he hate it??!
secondly, i'm looking at buying a storchenwiege organic louise woven wrap (size 6). what are peoples' thoughts on this wrap?
Thanks!

If he hasn't been 'worn, before there is a chance he won't like it.

I have used wraps and own a storchenweige too. I wouldn't recommend it for summer/heat or as your first wrap. It is good for an older and heavier child though and once you master it, it is very simple.

Copps Thu 11-Jul-13 15:47:31

hmm.. he was worn in a stretchy wrap when younger, but has been 6 months or so since then..
the one im looking at is a special lighter/thinner one i think, but thank you for the advice. i like the idea of it being gd for older ones smile

LemonBreeland Thu 11-Jul-13 16:01:14

Have you been on the Facebook slings for sale page. There are loads of people who could advise you on there.

FairyThunderthighs Thu 11-Jul-13 16:05:05

We tried wrapping our son at that age, having been carried a few times beforehand in a mei tai and then an ergo. He HATED it. I use a meitai now for very occasional carries which he prefers.

changechangechange Thu 11-Jul-13 20:11:41

I don't know what the exact wrap you're looking at is like, but standard storches are very very stiff brand new and I would recommend buying second-hand. Agree that the facebook group would be a brilliant place to ask.

jaggythistle Thu 11-Jul-13 21:34:00

If you want to try a wrap that is lighter and softer from new, I like my Little Frog one from Poland.

They are a lot less expensive, a size 6 would be just over £40 I think, including shipping.

Mine arrived in less than a week. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now