This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

sling for 6lb baby c section

(8 Posts)
Clarella Sun 23-Dec-12 15:28:26

hi ds was born 2 weeks ago tomorrow by emcs at 42 weeks - he was 5lb 2 but on day 9 was 5lb 13 and we're pretty sure via home weighing methods he's just over 6lb now! ( proud mum!)

we think he lost weight in the last few weeks as my placenta was small so he's piling on the oz now. I have a moby and a boba 3g I'm desperate to try when my c section feels up to it hopefully towards the end of the week in small doses. will the moby be ok fir him? what weight do people think the boba will be ok at? we tried dh witty the moby and it didn't go well mire as dh wasn't sure but a brief try on me was fine. he's been very quiet and content till now but is beginning to find his lungs and I'm sure the sling will help!

thanks in advance

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Mon 24-Dec-12 08:52:16

Ds was in his stretchy on the ward the day after he was, he weighed 6lb 3oz. Raised a few eyebrows among the other mums who were pushing around rattly cribs, midwives thought it was fab - kangaroo care is recommended for prem babies, so no reason not to for a new born grin

Congratulations thanks do you want the latest postnatal thread link?

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Mon 24-Dec-12 08:52:45

was *born blush

Clarella Mon 24-Dec-12 10:08:40

thanks pidj - I do remember you did use it early but not Raph's size. I guess it's just if the stomach muscles can take it then! rudimentary weighing methods suggest 6lb 3 now smile

Clarella Mon 24-Dec-12 10:09:26

anyone any idea of boba for less than 7lb?

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Mon 24-Dec-12 12:36:48

Stretchies are used for babies far smaller than R was smile

<bump for someone who knows about Bobas>

Want me to ask in my fb sling group? Or you could try Slings And Things - FSOT on there?

Clarella Mon 24-Dec-12 15:53:13

that's ok pidj, but thabkyou - I've just seen that our local library lady is a boba ambassador so will ask her in a few days smile we'll just get Dh more confident with the moby in the mean time - I only managed 10 mins before everything ached, but hopefully in a couple more weeks I'll be much stronger and due to hols Dh is around for a little while longer to practise!

5madthings Mon 24-Dec-12 15:58:10

I reckon the moby wrap will be fine and done up tightly should be supportive for yoi as well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now