Veggie Slimming World!

(9 Posts)
Sharkteeth Mon 15-Aug-16 11:03:14

Hi all!

I've just joined SW online for the first time ever! And I was looking for your vegetarian tips! Which recipes do you love and which ones should I avoid?

Thanks smile

Onetimeatbandcamp Mon 15-Aug-16 11:34:15

Would you mind if I piggy back? flowers Im not veggie, but we do like to keep meat to a minimum weekly, was wondering which syn free veggie sausages people could recommend? Had some before that taste rubbish, and would like to add some to my next shopping order if good! xxx

maygirl Mon 15-Aug-16 12:13:52

Linda McCartney Red onion sausages are free and my favourite veggie ones.
Favourite veggie meal is the SW channa (chickpea) masala recipe

Sharkteeth Mon 15-Aug-16 13:05:55

The more the merrier onemoreatbandcamp!!

Thanks Maygirl! I'll give the channa masala a go!

winetintedglasses Mon 15-Aug-16 13:06:31

Quorn low fat ones are also free, and the normal quorn are a syn smile

winetintedglasses Mon 15-Aug-16 13:09:27

I'm talking about sausages up there lol. I made chickpea and coriander burgers recently and used my B choice for breadcrumbs and buns, halloumi for A. Just had sausage casserole for lunch- veggie sausages free and added spinach for speed. Chilli is a great recipe with either beans or quorn mince (or both!) I use the BBC good food one and adapt it to both veggie and SW.

Sharkteeth Mon 15-Aug-16 13:12:22

winetintedglasses I'll give those burgers a try! I was wondering if I'd be able to cope without halloumi!!

chough Mon 15-Aug-16 13:16:00

Hello, Sharkteeth, don't know if you can buy the SW recipe books online, but the Veggie Deluxe one has some lovely dishes in.
Agree re Linda Mc Cartney red onion and rosemary sausages.
Also, see SW website for recipes and ideas.

Geepee71 Mon 15-Aug-16 23:04:35

Curry loaf is lovely and if you get syn free Chana masala and old recipe savoury rice it's syn free. Google he recipe, but it's basically the above, plus 3 eggs and a tablespoon of curry powder. Delicious.

Also crust less quiche with your choice of veg/filling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now