Is SW any good when "just" a stone to lose?

(8 Posts)
ReggaeShark Wed 30-Mar-16 08:11:57

I know this has been done before, so apologies but I can't find it. I want to lose a stone and think I've read that SW isn't great for losing a lesser amount. What do you think?

Toffeelatteplease Wed 30-Mar-16 08:21:43

I'd give my fitness pal a go first before I tried a paid group

Cardamompudding Wed 30-Mar-16 08:29:12

I tried SW when I needed to lose a stone. No, it wasn't right for me. I fine paleo or cutting out all sugar is better in my case.

donajimena Wed 30-Mar-16 15:23:52

My mum did as she couldn't shift THAT stone smile she said she found it very good and she lost the stubborn stone and its stayed off.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 30-Mar-16 15:26:55

Following this with interest. I too have a stone that I could really do with losing (I'm 5'3" and 10.5st).

A friend of mine does SW and has lost nearly 4st so far, I think she's got a couple more to go to get to her target, and she eats MOUNTAINS of food. It's all SW recipes etc, but all seems quite sugary with a LOT of fruit involved, so I'm intrigued as to how it works so well.

tabulahrasa Wed 30-Mar-16 18:46:01

Loads of people join with a stone or so to lose and lose it...and everyone who has got to target has been a stone above it at one point.

cheapskatemum Thu 31-Mar-16 19:14:37

I have lost 1st 2lb & am at my new target weight, which is half a stone lighter than what I thought it would be. So I joined SW thinking I'd lose less than a stone and it's been brilliant. BeautyGoesToBenidorm's friend must save most or all of her Syns for sugar if all her food seems sugary as sugar is definitely not a free food on Slimming World! Most fruit is, however and many fruits are speed foods, so along with most vegetables, should make up 30 - 50% of a plateful.

StrawberrytallCake Thu 31-Mar-16 19:17:40

Dh did SW and so did I by default with around a stone to lose to get to what I consider my perfect weight. It didn't happen! I've found exercising and strengthening alongside no sugar/low carb/occasional veggie days diet is working for me. It's also much less strict - I know what's good and bad and if there's a time when I feel like a pizza I'm not going 'off plan' I just carry on eating healthily the next day with no feeling of guilt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now