Introducing dream feed at 5.5 months

(3 Posts)
acquiescence Thu 28-Apr-16 17:54:48

My 5.5 month old seems to be sleeping for much shorter periods than he used to. He goes to bed aroun 7.30 and wakes between 12 and 2 and then one or two more times. He used to sleep until 3 or 4. He seems genuinely hungry and there is no other way I can settled him. I am wondering if he is really hungry then a dream feed might get him to sleep a few more hours so I could get more than 2 hours sleep at a time, as I am so so tired. I breast feed all apart from a bottle of formula before bed. He is starting on some solids at the moment. Any ideas? He also wakes another 2 or 3 times and settles with a dummy.

mrsmoomoopoopoo Thu 28-Apr-16 18:45:02

No advice but my dd did exactly same at 5.5 months. She was also really difficult to settle at bedtime.
It's been going on for 4 weeks now - sorry!!
I keep telling myself it's just a phase.

Metalhead Thu 28-Apr-16 19:47:41

Watching with interest! DD2 slept 7pm-4am and then again until 6.30ish from weeks 14-16 which was brilliant as far as I'm concerned, but since then she can wake up anytime between 1 and 3.30am. She's also become much harder to settle after her night feed and often wants to start the day way before 5am...

DD1 slept 7-7 from about 3 months and was easily settled with a dummy (which DD2 refuses) so I'm at a loss as to how to deal with this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now