5 months old with reflux..help!!

(6 Posts)
summerlovingliz Thu 30-Jan-14 10:47:50

Hi, I'm after some advice for my friend! Her Ds is 5 months and was sleeping fantastically until he developed reflux a few weeks ago. He is now waking every 2hrs and will only go bk to sleep with bf.. Anyone had experience of this or have and rips please?

do you know it is reflux or could it be the 4 month sleep regression? in which case it is a case of tiding it out with the rest of us sorry souls... <looks at dd2, looking angelic but planning the milky night ahead> envy

HillyBillyBoBo Thu 30-Jan-14 19:13:00

My 5mo DD (formula-fed) has had reflux for some time. Gaviscon and ranitidine/Zantac syrup, each prescribed by the GP, have helped a great deal.

Chickz Fri 31-Jan-14 19:36:58

Do you know how reflux is diagnosed? My dd may have it- well that's what Drs think, but I'm not sure if she does. She may have silent reflux as she doesn't throw up. She cries a lot- I mean alot! I dont think its colic as she cries at various points of the day and she's 4 months now.

Babybedtime Sat 01-Feb-14 23:53:16

Hello!

Reflux is horrid! (Both active and silent) my two both had it and it was a Rocky few weeks.

We had prescription meds in the end - it's always good to get an early diagnosis.

I find tilting the head end of the crib helps, also keeping upright for at least 15/20 mins after feeds and winding well after feeds.

It's a tough time but usually reflux disappears around 3 months or just before when the oesophagus is developed.

Hope that helps?

Babybedtime Sat 01-Feb-14 23:53:54

* tilting up I mean - so raise it a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now