Kindest way to stop co sleeping with 11 mth old

(2 Posts)
ilovemyoboe Fri 16-Nov-12 21:26:41

No experience of this myself, but you could try the Baby Whisperer book from the library of Amazon. Some odd title like 'The Baby Whisperer solves all your problems'. I found it so useful for getting out of situations like this. Stopped our baby waking at 5am every morning using her methods. The most important thing to remember is: whatever method you decide to try, you must be prepared to stick at it for at least a few days, as it will take consistency to break a habit like this.

mumtoacub Fri 16-Nov-12 08:10:34

Hey everyone, I've created a situation when ds was 5_8 months we had a great sleep routine he went down at 7 slept til 6 with wake up for one feed. 2 nights in a row he slept through so I figured he wasnt hungry and stopped night feed however to get him back to sleep quickly I started co sleeping which I didn't mind it was two hours tops however he has been bringing the time forward!!! Hes now in with me before 12 am sleeps a couple of hours then I transfer him where he sleeps for up to two hours then back in with me. He throws himself about at night (he was breech don't know if thats relevant) and I end up with a very disturbed sleep also think this might be causing him to wake in cot. I mean he literally covers the whole bed rolling and thrashing. I need to get him out!! Would like it before hes a year but the kindest way for him.
Ta

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now