sleepless nights

(6 Posts)
misscuppitt1989 Wed 19-Sep-12 18:48:58

My little girl is now 4, shes never been a good sleeper she wakes in the night making lots of different excuses, from needing a wee to wanting a cuddle. She wakes about 6 times a night on average and its getting to the point were i need some advice to what to do! I never give into her demands and she knows if she doesnt sleep she doesnt get any treats throughout the day. I have tried everything and nothing is working shes now started school and needs a full night sleep more than ever.Can someone please help smile

breaghmum Wed 19-Sep-12 21:50:55

The school nurse should be able to offer you advice? Have to tried having minimal interaction with her when she gets up & taking her straight back to bed. Sometimes u need to do it loads of times before it has any effect but can break the cycle? Or sticker charts to reward a good nights sleep.
Depending on where you live there are some organisations which can help. There's a web page called sleep Scotland which deals with children's sleep problems. Maybe they would point you in direction of other agencies which can offer advice??

misscuppitt1989 Thu 20-Sep-12 11:36:52

thank you smile Yeh she has a sticker chart on her bedroom door and that doesnt seem to work sad i never give into her demands and she doesnt get any interaction when she wakes but nothing seems to help but im going to have a look on that website now smile

breaghmum Thu 20-Sep-12 14:10:12

Hope u find something helpful. There's also a med called melatonin which can be prescribed by your gp if they feel the sleep deprecation is affecting her health. It is a natural hormone in the body which aids sleep & sleep patterns. A boost of this can help promote sleep. Best to speak to gp about it tho...

breaghmum Thu 20-Sep-12 14:18:31

I know people r wary about giving their kid any type of med but this is a natural hormone (sure it comes from plants). I have seen it used with great effect on many children. Can really make a difference depending on circumstances...

misscuppitt1989 Sun 30-Sep-12 12:09:46

I havent been to the GP about it as i feel a bit silly saying can u help her sleep lol, but i think at this point its worth a try smile thanks for the advise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now