A thread for my early waking friends who want a whinge

(408 Posts)
fififrog Tue 13-Mar-12 22:07:16

A few weeks back there were quite a few of us with DCs about a year old, too young for gro clocks etc waking up TOO BLOOMING EARLY. Where are you all at now? DD seems to be getting earlier. Cough not helping but we had 4.55 this morning. I hate to say it but I actually enjoyed her being ill last week as she slept til 6.30 once. Some mornings I think "just a long phase we can live with it" but this morning I was in total despair. Will I ever be able to make it to 10pm without thinking I will regret staying up this late??! I know some of you will say stick with the messing around with morning nap, it will fix it, but to be honest I don't believe it will and I just want to WHINGE to people who will understand!!

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Thu 06-Sep-12 21:26:46

Hi everyone. At the risk of jinxing myself, things are much better here. I broke over the co-sleeping and decided enough was enough. Put DD down in her crib, expecting a night of hell. She cried for 15 seconds I counted then off to sleep and up at 6.30am. Since then we have had after 6am every morning <touches wood>. The only time I have been awake before 6am was when DH woke me at 5.30am. He won't be doing that again because he is buried under the patio. I still feel tired but it is normal tired not crazed, angry, weird, forgetful, out of my mind tired.

BTW, this is MrsTerryPratchett. I name-changed for the cancer/leukemia month.

fififrog Thu 06-Sep-12 21:49:01

Great Terry! funny I was looking at your name thinking "i'm sure it was Terry pratchett I must be going mad!" wink

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Thu 06-Sep-12 21:50:51

That would be the cumulative lack of sleep! I'll be back to normal in October. I may adopt this name for Christmas, though.

feeno Fri 07-Sep-12 14:27:05

Hi ladies-we're back to pre-6 here-grrrr!

I'm due in 4.5 weeks-Aaaaaaaaargh!

Scared shitless

feeno Fri 07-Sep-12 14:30:39

Ps-congrats to u both by the way-it's so hard to crack that 6am barrier-well done on the success. I hope I have some success bloody quick or I'm stuffed!

fififrog Fri 07-Sep-12 20:16:35

Well, I am not hopeful it's sorted for good, I'm sure we'll always be blighted to some extent and sleeping later than six is still a distant memory. Did you feel you were having some success the last few weeks? Hope the last four weeks treat you kindly smile

MrsTCO think I am just used to calling you Terry! Prob wouldn't even have noticed except that I am reading Mr Pratchett at the moment!

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Fri 07-Sep-12 20:29:57

Oh feeno I wish you a sleeper this time.

Glad to hear you are reading my normal namesake fifi he is pretty great.

LittleMilla Mon 10-Sep-12 15:55:22

Hi all,

Just a quick one to say that DS has continued to sleep past 6am, 7am and sometimes 8am. We have had a blissful week of a growth spurt where he started being WOKEN at 8.15am. Rediculous. But this morning was a more normal 7:20am.

Not trying to gloat in any way, just to say that the Ferber book appears to have been what we needed. I know it isn't for all of you though.

Good luck, especially feeno. Perhaps when the new one comes and you physically CANNOT be around as much your LO may sort themself out <wishfully thinking for you!>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now