Apres ski footwear

(10 Posts)
WelshMoth Thu 04-Feb-16 23:11:39

Ski boots on a, but would you take trainers?!

trixymalixy Fri 05-Feb-16 08:07:09

I'd take snowboots, you're going to get wet feet if you only take trainers.

Heatherbell1978 Fri 05-Feb-16 08:12:58

Don't take trainers. I have a great pair of Merrell boots I take on ski hols. Something waterproof and boot-like from an outdoor shop. You'll wear them in pubs and bars too.

museumum Fri 05-Feb-16 08:15:56

I have great Merrel snow boots but I also take a pair of very small light trainers I can carry in my backpack in case of needing to walk any distance. Probably not an issue if you're ski-in ski-out in France but in older villages in Italy/Austria the walking in kit can be a killer.

PatriciaHolm Fri 05-Feb-16 11:24:17

With the snow as it is as the moment (french alps anyway),no! Snow boots. Trainers will result in soggy feet and trousers very quickly.

Artandco Fri 05-Feb-16 11:26:18

No trainers. Take snowboots ( like sorrel) or regular waterproof walking boots if grippy ( timberland style)

SwearyGodmother Fri 05-Feb-16 11:27:49

I have Merrell snow boots too - they're as comfy as trainers but warm and waterproof.

If my accommodation is a way from the lifts I've taken to renting a locker at the lift station and walking there in my snow boots. They're normally not too expensive, particularly when considered as part of the £££ cost of a ski holiday as a whole.

WelshMoth Fri 05-Feb-16 19:06:11

Great stuff. Thanks.

What about inside? We have pool and spa (can't wait). I assume we can flipflop to the pool and back?

Artandco Fri 05-Feb-16 19:35:52

Take slippers for inside

ladyofthepalace Sat 06-Feb-16 11:22:14

I always take slippers or light trainer types of if a hotel. Strictly boots outside though (this time of year at least)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now