Have a question for local site

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

fancyacoffee Thu 07-Apr-16 23:18:29

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask about local services but when i click on the local section I can't seem to add a thread. Can someone help me? Thanks

FruStefanOla Fri 08-Apr-16 19:20:25

How odd confused

I've just done a small test. I can start a new thread on my own MN Local (not that I did), but I also tested on a completely different area and I could also start a new thread there - and it still uses my MN Local NN.

So I have no idea why it isn't working for you.

MNHQ, any ideas?!

magimedi Fri 08-Apr-16 19:36:59

You need a different name for MN local - can't remember how you get one though!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Apr-16 20:39:34

Hi fancyacoffee,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble posting a thread on Local.

We've checked your registration details and everything appears in order, so we're not quite sure what's going wrong here. Could you please drop our Local team a line at local@mumsnet.com so they can help you out?

Hopefully we'll have you sorted shortly. smile

FruStefanOla Fri 08-Apr-16 21:20:34

But you don't have to have a different NN for MN Local, you can use your regular NN - it's just that most people prefer to have a different one for Local.

You wouldn't believe mine, magi, it's pathetic blush (not connected to FruOla at all), but I really must ask MNHQ to change it at some point grin

magimedi Fri 08-Apr-16 21:57:24

I wasn't allowed (some years ago) to post on my (tumbleweed) local site without a different name.

Who knows? The ways of HQ are strange!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now