Any chance of a permanent 'hide' button

(28 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Hogwash Wed 23-Apr-14 15:19:11

MNHQ - is there any chance of a premanent hide button? It would be good to be able to get rid of irritating threads for good, rather than spend all day hiding and unhiding them!

Maryz Wed 30-Apr-14 21:56:42

I sympathise Hogwash, I keep coming across my hidden threads in "Most Active" and I have no willpower sad

KateS, can they be hidden from "Most Active" - all the TrollyMacHairyhand threads continually reappear in Most Active, thus destroying all my good intentions.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Apr-14 17:41:20

Ahh, with you now Hogwash

We like giving folks to option to change their mind about hiding a thread, so we're afraid you're just going to have to cultivate an iron will, or give into temptation wink

Hogwash Sun 27-Apr-14 23:02:27

I can't believe I am the only person with this problem blush. Does no-one else get irritated with a post and hide it and then un-hide it to see what they are missing?

DawnMumsnet Just that ^ really - they don't seem to appear in active convos.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 27-Apr-14 15:26:43

Hi Hogwash

Afraid we can't help you with the old willpower.

But we can probably help you with your hide/unhide thread problems - if we could just work out what you're asking for! confused

Is it that your hidden threads are still appearing in Active Convos?

Do let us know, and we'll do our best to help.

fidelineish Sun 27-Apr-14 14:43:11

They do Stealth!

Hogwash Sun 27-Apr-14 13:26:35

What is this willpower of which people speak, and where to I buy some?

"fidelineish Thu 24-Apr-14 01:23:00

They still come up in active threads, though, which is waaayyy too much for my willpower.
"

They shouldn't, and don't afaik (not that ive hidden many)

BeyondTheVirtualActivist Sun 27-Apr-14 10:45:40

How about a customisable option on the big list of customisable options saying that you have the option to unhide hidden threads. You then turn said option off?

Or, willpower grin

NachoAddict Sat 26-Apr-14 21:48:38

Is it threads that have enraged you?

I only use the hide for threads I'm nit interested in to get them off my active threads.

supadupapupascupa Sat 26-Apr-14 21:47:35

i get the OP. I hide the MN threads pinned at the top. But as soon as I refresh they reappear. Very annoying!!

Thurlow Sat 26-Apr-14 21:46:32

I feel really confused now...

So if you hide a thread, why would you go back and unhide it? And then think that you want it hidden again?

Am I missing something?

StickEm Sat 26-Apr-14 21:44:34

You wont get this. Dont hide, i never do.

Hogwash Sat 26-Apr-14 21:03:55

I'm not as sensible as you Lady

Why on earth are you unhiding threads you've hidden? Why??!!

Hogwash Thu 24-Apr-14 11:44:17

Well in the absence of a willpower button, it would be good to have a permanent delete button - not that all hidden threads are permanently deleted for you, but maybe a 'type in your password if you think you are too weak-willed to let this thread remain hidden' button.

SatansFurryJamHats Thu 24-Apr-14 08:30:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Forgettable Thu 24-Apr-14 08:30:21

Arf at dundundun

if hidden they shouldn't appear for you in active convos.

Ooh right Hogwash so you want to not be able to unhide them. Once I have hidden them I forget all about them. grin

fidelineish Thu 24-Apr-14 01:23:00

They still come up in active threads, though, which is waaayyy too much for my willpower.

GretaGip Thu 24-Apr-14 01:15:45

You don't need a permanet hide button.

You need willpower.

Dundundun.

Monty27 Thu 24-Apr-14 00:59:32

I spend a lot of time hiding threads, then they recur grrr!

Hogwash Thu 24-Apr-14 00:57:20

Sparkling you don't unhide if you are sensible - but I'm not.

Hogwash Thu 24-Apr-14 00:54:25

You can go into customise and get them back at the bottom of the page.

I am bit confused. I hide loads and they have never reappeared AFAIK.

FruVikingessOla Wed 23-Apr-14 18:52:47

I'm a bit confused too. I thought that once you'd hidden a thread, then it was hidden?

I guess the only way it wouldn't be hidden is if you're lurking without being logged in, then that thread wouldn't be hidden (just the same way you couldn't see TIO or TIW) IYSWIM?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now