Can we have an FAQ or something about emails in company time and the who what why's and wherefores?

(27 Posts)

Leading on from a recent thread of mine, I have realised that there seems to be a great deal of confusion about the status and implications of sending emails from a company work address, surfing the Internet in company time and all that.

Would there be any way there could be an FAQ or info put out here about that? Is that a good idea?

ItsAllTLAsToMe Sat 06-Apr-13 11:45:56

That's true. I'll re-read our policies on Monday, I promise smile.

This website has some information about why companies monitor emails, Data Loss Prevention here There is also a white paper explaining in more details. Companies are not doing because they are interested in what Brenda said to Peter or Pauline, but to prevent legal action and data breaches. I know it is in relation to an add on to a complete email security solution, which details inbound email filtering. It is really about a holistic view on email security. You prevent virus and malware and junk coming in, and sensitive data going out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now