Surrogacy advertising

(15 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Mar-13 19:11:15

teatrolley

It was a different one.

Ah. OK, if you see it again teatrolley, can you make a note of exactly what it says and let us know so we can block that one, too?

And thanks, KatieMiddleton, we'll do that.

teatrolley Fri 08-Mar-13 18:29:41

It was a different one.

KatieMiddleton Fri 08-Mar-13 17:28:27

That looks very much like the one that used to appear on my local page pre-relaunch. But those ads were paid. £50 each if I remember rightly. They also used to appear in the family section of the Guardian.

You may want to check they've definitely gone from there too Helen.

Trills Fri 08-Mar-13 15:03:39

Thanks Helen smile

<preens>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Mar-13 14:57:25

HairyHandedTrucker

Is that this one:

Surrogate Mothers Wanted
OpenArmsConsultants.com/Surogates
Become A Surrogate Mother Today. Help Infertile Couples. Call Us Now

because its still there.

Gosh. Sorry. We'll flag that up right now.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Mar-13 14:57:03

Trills

If I understand correctly, picture adverts are from companies that MNHQ have explicitly chosen to work with whereas text-only ads are sort of auto-generated, and MNHQ can opt out of certain categories of advert, and can request that individual ads not be shown, but they can't say "don't show that ad" until they know that the ad exists, IYSWIM.

That's exactly it, Trills.

Trills Fri 08-Mar-13 13:52:19

If I understand correctly, picture adverts are from companies that MNHQ have explicitly chosen to work with whereas text-only ads are sort of auto-generated, and MNHQ can opt out of certain categories of advert, and can request that individual ads not be shown, but they can't say "don't show that ad" until they know that the ad exists, IYSWIM.

Is that this one:

Surrogate Mothers Wanted
OpenArmsConsultants.com/Surogates
Become A Surrogate Mother Today. Help Infertile Couples. Call Us Now

because its still there.

teatrolley Thu 07-Mar-13 13:06:10

I didn't think it was very MN. Thank you.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Mar-13 11:50:34

Hello. We'll get that ad removed ASAP. Thanks for letting us know.

teatrolley Wed 06-Mar-13 21:27:42

It's something for a fertility clinic that came up in the box on the right that's tagged as 'Ad Choices'. They do ones for something called a soft cup (something mooncup like?) as well.

KatieMiddleton Wed 06-Mar-13 18:10:03

About not able.

KatieMiddleton Wed 06-Mar-13 18:09:30

I thought this was going to be able the adverts for surrogates that used to appear in local pre revamp.

I am undecided as to what I think about the ethics of either Indian or UK surrogate recruitment tbh.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 18:06:12

Hi there
Where is this advert?

teatrolley Wed 06-Mar-13 16:54:31

You're carrying adverts for a clinic offering Indian Surrogacy. Are you happy with the ethics of that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now