I AM VERY WORRIED, SHOULD I CALL 999?

(141 Posts)
Maryz Thu 07-Feb-13 07:31:48

I'm just worried that something awful has happened to you all.

I mean, I know Julie has just joined, and maybe she has hauled you all off to the pub, but I'm still concerned.

If one of you doesn't appear soon, I'm going to have to assume that there was a Carbon Monoxide leak in Mumsnet Towers and you are all passed out somewhere.

So, if you don't appear by 9 am, I'm calling the emergency services.

Maryz Thu 07-Feb-13 10:34:52

And now KateS has appeared - that's four of them all hauled out of bed grin

Justine must be really cracking the whip.

Trills Thu 07-Feb-13 10:50:58

I think they just need someone to be "on duty" 24/7.

I'm sure there are some Aussie MNers who would like to be conscripted.

11Plustrauma Thu 07-Feb-13 10:57:42

Maryz - whilst I think in theory that's a good idea, how would a "regular" be defined? Someone could be a regular but be a shit stirrer, or have a grudge against a particular poster, or have an axe to grind on a particular topic. And what if someone has been here a million years but never posts? And how long would you have to be here to be a regular?

I think they could do with someone on duty 24/7, as Trills said.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Feb-13 10:59:42

WorraLiberty

On a little bit more of a serious note Olivia...

I'm quite surprised that a site as big as this has such little moderation at night...NOT because I mind being called a cunt you understand grin

But because any group of cape wearing people, or any other group with an agenda could surely have a field day couldn't they? confused

Morning, Worra. And apols especially to you re our slowness this am <can't blame it all on Dave>

And, actually, we have some stuff in place now for this sort of overnighty thing.

It just didn't work last night for various (unrelated-to-the-occupants-of-number-10) reasons. Sorry.

We will sort that ASAP.

Maryz Thu 07-Feb-13 11:01:36

By a regular I just mean someone who has been registered for a while, as opposed to someone who has just joined.

I don't mean someone who posts a lot or anything, just someone who has been on or around the site for, say, three months. To stop someone registering under various names just to report. If that makes sense.

Trills Thu 07-Feb-13 11:01:58

You could have someone who was "on call" rather than actually on the night shift, who promised to sleep with their phone beside them and have the MN machine send a text message to them if any thread received over a certain number of reports. And then text the second on-call person if the first person did not log in within an hour.

Maryz Thu 07-Feb-13 11:02:51

x-posted Helen.

I knew it, it was the gin.

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Feb-13 11:10:21

No problem Helen

I'm blaming Dave anyway and the gin grin

Tee2072 Thu 07-Feb-13 11:10:34

Trills I have a feeling that is exactly what they have and the tech failed last night, based on Helen's last post.

What they need to do is hire those of us with insomnia...

Trills Thu 07-Feb-13 11:12:23

Yes, I was thinking that I was probably teaching my grandmother to suck eggs there.

ReindeerBollocks Thu 07-Feb-13 11:18:04

My 3yo daughter is very annoyed but this thread. Apparently mummy laughing and snorting a lot is annoying.

So it's all the fault of MN - whatcha gonna do about it?

(considers selling irritable 3yo)

However there was never the need for the TC photo Hec, that is just so very wrong.

Trills Thu 07-Feb-13 11:26:26

Maybe the tech was working fine but nobody actually reported the thread so the klaxxons didn't go off, everyone just posted "oooh I am watching this" and didn't report.

11Plustrauma Thu 07-Feb-13 11:28:52

i reported it but not until this morning but i think on the thread a gazillion of people had said they'd reported it.

my shift key is playing up i think i have a biscuit crumb stuck under it

HecateWhoopass Thu 07-Feb-13 12:49:59

Be thankful, Reindeer. my original choice for the body was TOTALLY NUDE! grin

LtEveDallas Thu 07-Feb-13 12:57:39

Oh God, have you seen the latest deleted message (on the bitches thread) - crying here:

As we think it was started to inflame
We think you all are lovely, and no-one is to blame
Thinking of funny deletion messages is driving me insane

grin grin grin

I am LOVING mnhq right now thanks

Tee2072 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:12:48

I do think they are starting to regret starting this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now