Mumsnet Local: you don't need a different nickname any more, so please go and look, add listings, post on Local Talk, gasp in general appreciation!

(56 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Jan-13 16:55:42

Hello. After a lot of thought and a fair bit of moaning from you folks, we have realised that insisting on everyone having a special Local nickname that's different from their normal Talk nickname is probably not the best idea.

We know a lot of you like the idea of keeping your regular Talk nickname separate from your Local nickname - and that's still fine.

But if you don't mind having the same name in both places, that's now also fine, too.

So, if you haven't already had a good chinwag in Local Talk, please do feel free to do so now. And why not add some listings while you're there? <hopeful>

All you need to do is hit the blue Local tab in the "navigation bar" up there^^

Enjoy!

Spero Mon 28-Jan-13 12:02:37

thanks I will try it. I just get easily frustrated by things that don't work IMMEDIATELY.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 12:36:06

FarelyKnuts

I would be more inclined to gasp in appreciation if there was any sign of Ireland being clickable. I can see it sitting there teasing me but nada sad

We're planning sites for the Republic of Ireland very soon Knuts.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 12:37:11

tittytittyhanghang

I cant get it to work, i can get a list of london sites but nowhere else?

What device and browser are you using Titty?

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 12:38:19

EmmaMumsnet

redwellybluewelly

Um.

For those of us who mn in random places on our mobile any chance of an easy link on the mobile version?

Proffers gin which I believe is the best way to bribe? Oh and a pair of yaktraks so you dont fall over afterwards <- see, thoughtful

There is an easy link from Mumsnet mobile. Click on Talk then choose Mumsnet Local from the Categories list. Click on Local Talk and find the site nearest you.

Completely missed the offer of gin… Bribes accepted.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 12:39:21

AnyaKnowIt

Any chance that the Channel Islands are separated by Islands please

I've added area labels to the Channel Islands site so that all listings and Meet-ups can now be separated by island.

tittytittyhanghang Mon 28-Jan-13 22:36:49

Im using a laptop with internet explorer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now