Drum roll please >>> the Android app has landed

(168 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 16:17:59

Yy, we know it's been a long time coming but we finally have the free to download Mumsnet Talk Android app

If you want to find out more about getting MN on your mobile device, we have a plethora of info for you here including some very exciting news about the soon-to-be-released all being well shiny new Apple app.

And we even have an easy to scan and download QR code to get the mobile version on your phone - what more could you want?
Disclaimer: That was a rhetorical question grin

So please do download and enjoy, as ever, feedback is always welcome.

DameFanny Tue 27-Nov-12 19:29:36

I'm posting from the Android app. Me likey.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Tue 27-Nov-12 19:32:17

You can't bookmark or have highlighted posts on the iPhone App either. It's the biggest failing of the Apps IMO.

OohMrDarcy Tue 27-Nov-12 19:34:10

grim Thats the same for all android apps - you need a google account to access playstore

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Tue 27-Nov-12 19:39:22

I'm loving the easy smilies! grin grin grin

But will hugely miss the op's posts being highlighted.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 27-Nov-12 19:42:15

hurrah. app download smile

Is it running really slowly for anyone else? Lawks.

GrimAndHumourlessAndEven Tue 27-Nov-12 19:42:36

thank you OohMrD

I'll pass and stick with the MN mobile site

AndIfATenTonTruck Tue 27-Nov-12 19:46:23

I have found a problem with it. I have some topics hidden from active convos (aibu, relationships, diets, conception) but I am on one conception thread. I think the app has decided that hiding the topic overrides being on a thread, so it is not showing up in Threads I'm On.

Looks nice though. Now off to find the option to reduce text size though. It is obviously set to 'myopic' as standard. grin

LoonyRationalist Tue 27-Nov-12 19:46:29

Posting from shiny new app. Ok(ish) so far
<old gimmer resistant to change emoticon>

Will take some time to use it and see if benefits of applications outweigh the downsides, lack of highlighting and custom settings, access to profiles being main ones

I'm in, but why does the text box keep disappearing as i write? I've got no idea what I've typed sad

Downloaded the app on the tablet... It doesn't turn horizontal!

BloominMarvellous Tue 27-Nov-12 19:51:31

Without wanting to sound ungrateful I think I prefer the mobile site sad

Chanatan Tue 27-Nov-12 19:59:16

I can't click on links

Another one with mixed reactions I'm afraid... Really miss bookmarking & highlighted posts. Is it a work in progress, are those features likely to be added?

I don't like how when you go on 'I'm on' and click on one that it takes you to the top of the thread, so you have to scroll down 900+ posts if it is a long thread. Am I doing it wrong? confused

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Tue 27-Nov-12 20:35:40

ooh, this is nice!

I remember DS was 6weeks old when I got my android phone and you'd just released the iPhone app. you said the android app was coming "soon".

DS is 20 months tomorrow! grin

sad no bookmarks

AnyFuckingDude Tue 27-Nov-12 20:52:28

I've downloaded it on my phone (via GooglePlay), but nothing has changed from the usual mobile site confused

MyMelody Tue 27-Nov-12 20:53:37

well I never ! can't see what I'm typing for some reason but other than that I like it . grin smile shock blush smileys are so easy to use too.
why can't I see what I'm typing, I have to keep removing my keypad to see what I've typed, there's a lot of guesswork going on with my typing here!

AnyFuckingDude Tue 27-Nov-12 20:54:08

Nothing has happened !

Just trying it out for size. Not fully intuitive, but I'm figuring it out.
Has anyone got any tweezers for these splinters in my bum off this fence I'm sitting on...?

AnyFuckingDude Tue 27-Nov-12 20:57:41

oops, sussed it

MyMelody Tue 27-Nov-12 20:59:53

I like the refresh button, the mobile site doesn't have one. not seeing what I type isn't brilliant, but ok for browsing I suppose

Quite like this, though it took me 3 attempts to get it to run. Kept getting unexpected error/force close messages. One minor niggle is that I turn my phone landscape to type and right now I'm reading my typing sideways. Although thinking about it I'm a leftie and write like this too grin

varicoseveined Tue 27-Nov-12 21:06:42

Ooh will download this as soon as my phone is charged up

MooncupGoddess Tue 27-Nov-12 21:06:58

Yes, it's quite annoying that the display doesn't automatically rotate when you rotate your phone. Any chance of adding this...?

(But congratulations MN, it is good to have the app.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now