Drum roll please >>> the Android app has landed

(168 Posts)
RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 16:17:59

Yy, we know it's been a long time coming but we finally have the free to download Mumsnet Talk Android app

If you want to find out more about getting MN on your mobile device, we have a plethora of info for you here including some very exciting news about the soon-to-be-released all being well shiny new Apple app.

And we even have an easy to scan and download QR code to get the mobile version on your phone - what more could you want?
Disclaimer: That was a rhetorical question grin

So please do download and enjoy, as ever, feedback is always welcome.

MidnightKnitter Tue 27-Nov-12 17:58:50

I miss the highlights too but other than that (and the advert that i keep clicking on by accident when i'm scrolling) i think its great.

EggNogRules Tue 27-Nov-12 18:02:12

grin I like the look and ease of adding emoticons.
sad Lack of highlighting.

So far, so good. wink

Checking it out smile will take some time to get used to

MikeLitoris Tue 27-Nov-12 18:08:05

Well, I don't like having to flip every thread I'm on and it would be loads easier if I could just post instead of having to press 'add message'

Apart from that im happy grin grin

just checking that this works and this and this

grin ooh shiny, no more scrolling to see what to use for smileys, or flicking between keyboards to find [ and ] except for links. hurrah

MikeLitoris Tue 27-Nov-12 18:09:36

Ok, i worked out the flip thing.

there is overall flipthread in settings but no other settings yet alas

Livelongandprosper Tue 27-Nov-12 18:16:31

Yay it works! thanks Thankyou, I couldn't look at anything over 500 posts with my other phone app.

piglettsmummy Tue 27-Nov-12 18:16:47

I've had a Mn app on my phone for ages hmm .........

OohMrDarcy Tue 27-Nov-12 18:17:06

I am posting on android app! what a Christmas present grin

although... would be easier if you could still have your own and OP posts in different colour!

thanks HQ

Serious feedback: it is easy to manoeuvre for seasoned MNetters, but it would be utterly baffling to a new user, I think. The website is bad enough but the app...

eh its flipped the thread without me asking it to confused poor bear want on the liist
again?

SummerRain Tue 27-Nov-12 18:21:54

oh, I'm lost without my bookmarks sad

I do like the easy emoticons though smile

I'm torn!

FrozenPetisPois Tue 27-Nov-12 18:28:14

It force closed as soon as I clicked active..

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 27-Nov-12 18:39:19

Chocolate I'm getting the same message, what is that about? Have you fixed yours?

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 27-Nov-12 18:47:10

Please help HQ, I think I am thick. My username and email address are the same thing I think? Do you want my name or chat name - I have tried both?? Why can't I join sad

RumpledTitSkin Tue 27-Nov-12 18:57:33

I think I like it! grin

valpollicella Tue 27-Nov-12 18:59:53

how do you click on someones name to see their profile? just been reading stratters thread and she had posted a pic on her.profile which I cant see how to view?confused

GrimAndHumourlessAndEven Tue 27-Nov-12 19:09:39

hmmm it wants you to open a google account to download

no thanks

chocolateistheenemy Tue 27-Nov-12 19:15:57

Still not sorted MissLToe - are you on the usual MN on your android, as I am? Maybe it's that??

JollyJock Tue 27-Nov-12 19:18:26

Woo!

chocolateistheenemy Tue 27-Nov-12 19:19:01

Im in!!!!!!!!! shock
Username is actually your nickname. Strange.....
Right. Off for a nose around!

JollyJock Tue 27-Nov-12 19:22:08

this is going to take some getting used to. but it does work smile

YankNCock Tue 27-Nov-12 19:22:48

Yay! It said only 5+ downloads in Google play store but clearly it's more than that. Was thinking I was a seriously early adopter. Bad news right away for me, can't see what I'm typing on HTC wildfire s as keyboard takes up too much of screen!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 27-Nov-12 19:24:08

I'm in grin Chocolate you are a genius!!! thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now