Anyone else having trouble with pms?

(87 Posts)

It's as though my "message potser" button has morphed into the "Home" button.

It makes me sad.

Stat.

smile

NicholasTeakozy Fri 28-Sep-12 18:13:43

Firefox for those on Internet Explorer <spits>. Download and install this and you can message people and use bookmarks. EAW.

Tee2072 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:08:33

You aren't making NewKate work tonight are you?!?!

shock

Talk about trial by fire...

OlaRapaceFru Fri 28-Sep-12 19:12:37

On the many other threads I've been whinging about Site Stuff problems recently, I've said frequently that I'm on Firefox. I don't think this issue is specific to IE.

I doubt poor Tech would be able to cope with everyone's PMS though - actually, I'll rephrase that because he probably does. I doubt that poor Tech would be able to do anything about anyone's PMS apart from run away to his Brooklyn bar for a stiff drink grin

Tee2072 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:25:11

Well, it seems to be working for everyone else on Chrome and Firefox.

What OS are you using? Maybe we can narrow it down for Tech?

::suck up::

Trills Fri 28-Sep-12 19:30:41

Chaos if you have bad PMS you should try General Health rather than Site Stuff wink

OlaRapaceFru Fri 28-Sep-12 19:32:32

Ah, finally, a voice of sanity - thank you Tee!

Mac OS X 10.4.11
Admittedly probably a bit 'old' by now. And it doesn't appear to like the new Firefox, so I'm still using an older version.

Trills Fri 28-Sep-12 19:32:41

I just sent a PM to Shirty, I then clicked to send one to Chaos and it was prepopulated with the same text (not the same subject, just the same text in the main box).

Chrome.

Trills Fri 28-Sep-12 19:33:33

But once I'd posted that message and so the page had reloaded it came up nice and clean and empty as it should do.

Tee2072 Fri 28-Sep-12 20:09:02

Just sent a PM to Trills and had the same thing, no subject but same message when I then tried to PM Ola.

hmm

::dons deerstalker and meerschaum::

Recently there have been requests to add a 'don't allow PM's' option. Could these errors be because one is being implemented?

::taps nose::

OlaRapaceFru Fri 28-Sep-12 20:51:40

I can send a PM, but I have to do it by going into my Inbox and doing it that way. It's just the 'quick click' that doesn't work!

ahah!Thiso ios it

tvym craaaazxtnnane

stilldufffsutff thouhg

hullo Mekwate MN

whatcoluosr yoyr firot door?>

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 08:32:44

I was wondering where such a post would appear...grin

OlaRapaceFru Sat 29-Sep-12 08:33:11

I think Chaos's post ^ was directed at you, NewKateMumsnet - if you manage to translate all of that, you'll have passed her initiation test! I think the last bit is "what colour is your front door?" - she needs that info for her spreadsheet - the rest of it makes no sense to me, but I think she'd been on the gin last night grin

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 08:46:34

She might be saying she's up the duff...

'stillduffsutffnnane'

Perhaps?

OlaRapaceFru Sat 29-Sep-12 08:59:01

I think the first line might be "ah,ha - here it is (the thread) I thought I'd lost it"

No idea about the second line - maybe she was trying to find crazynanna somewhere?

Crikey, I hope she isn't up the duff, given the amount it appeared she'd been drinking last night shock grin

OlaRapaceFru Sat 29-Sep-12 10:06:33

I've just had my Miss Marple hat on, Tee. On Chaos's drunk thread last night she asked if anyone could check Site Stuff for her PM thread. Crazynanna was kind enough to post a linky to this thread onto the other thread, so she presumably found her way here via that!

So I think that "stilldufffsutff thouhg" refers to PMs still being duff.

<preens>

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 10:14:58

Very good Ola! :: impressed::

Trills Sat 29-Sep-12 11:11:13

But why is the colour of NewKate's front door relevant? Is Chaos going to camp outside until her demands are met?

OlaRapaceFru Sat 29-Sep-12 11:15:40

I don't think it is, Trills! Given that Chaos posted that when she was well and truly trollied, there's no knowing what was going through her mind. After all, it's hard to decipher what she's going on when she's sober sometimes. But she does seem to be bizarrely interested in the colour of people's front doors.

I still haven't told her the colour of mine <snort> grin

OlaRapaceFru Sat 29-Sep-12 11:17:37

"it's hard to decipher what she's going on when she's sober"

Aaagghh - it's hard to decipher what she's going on about when she's sober.

(Please fix the Preview Message button while you're at it, MNHQ)

Trills Sat 29-Sep-12 11:33:25

I don't know what colour my front door is. It might be blue. Or red. Or just wood.

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 12:34:11

I am sitting here trying to remember what colour my front door is.

White? Maybe?

Trills Sat 29-Sep-12 13:04:14

I don't actually have a key for my front door, so I don't use it for going in and out.

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 13:11:38

Do you use it for other things?

grin

OlaRapaceFru Sat 29-Sep-12 19:59:13

Tee, do you mind if I PM you via my Inbox, just to see if it's working that way? No rush to reply, of course, it's just a wee test!! Just wondering if PMs are working at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now