School offers

(6 Posts)
pineapplepizza1 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:23:15

When offer day comes in March is it possible to get offers from all secondary schools or do you only get one offer based on your order of preference?

PatriciaHolm Thu 13-Oct-16 14:31:52

For state schools, you get one offer.

The exception may be in the first year of a free school setting up, it may do its admissions seperately to the LEA so it's possible to get one offer from them and another from the LEA. Otherwise, you get one state school offer.

pineapplepizza1 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:58:42

Thank you! I'm just having a think about what order I put the schools in as some are pretty close in what they offer.

MrGrumpy01 Thu 13-Oct-16 15:32:35

Put the schools in order of your preference as you will be offered the first in your list in which you have a place.

On paper I prefer my 2nd choice school but my first choice is the one that works better in terms of travel and in terms of the family. (I still really liked my first choice) My 3rd is my banker.

tiggytape Thu 13-Oct-16 17:39:20

When offer day comes in March is it possible to get offers from all secondary schools or do you only get one offer based on your order of preference?
Only one offer per child.
This is why the council asks you to list the schools in your true order of preference.

There are a lot of people who are fortunate enough to meet the criteria to qualify for more than one school on their list (perhaps they meet faith criteria for one, live close to another and have a sibling at another school already for example) but the council won't give them 3 offers to mull over and think about.

You have to do all your deciding now and put the schools in the order you really prefer them. If you qualify for 3 schools you will be given the one you said you liked best out of all those that you meet the criteria for (and equally, you will not be offered a school that you don't meet the criteria for even if it is number 1 on your list).

pineapplepizza1 Thu 13-Oct-16 18:05:21

Thanks everyone, this gives me time to have a proper think about the order of preference i place the schools in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now