Should I wake ds to go get his results?

(8 Posts)
LifeIsGoodish Thu 25-Aug-16 09:28:09

He's just finished Y10 and took a Combined Science GCSE and a Maths GCSE early. The results won't really make much difference to his coming year (unless he's done badly, which is unlikely).

I' m interested and want to know, even though I don't see it as all that important, but will he regret not collecting the results?

Yankeetarts Thu 25-Aug-16 09:39:20

I'm same as you my ds has his science results to collect,I want him to collect them he's not wanting to go

OpenMe Thu 25-Aug-16 09:42:16

That's not fair! Ds did the same, I'm desperate to know but school isn't making the yr10 results available until they go back!

Even so I'd leave him. I got my olevel results by post, honestly don't know how they all cope with having to go in and open them in front if everyone.

Lunde Thu 25-Aug-16 09:59:19

Let him decide - don't create pressure when they don't make a difference

Yankeetarts Thu 25-Aug-16 13:02:51

My ds went for his results and he was glad he did,he did loads better then he thought

CiderwithBuda Thu 25-Aug-16 13:06:54

DS phoned in for his. They do a half GCSE in RS in year ten for some reason. He did it in the Medi centre with a migraine in midst of 6 weeks off last term in total due to daily migraines so was pleased with his C!

princessmi12 Thu 25-Aug-16 16:11:27

hmm my son went in and got his triple science unit 1 results today around midday,he actually let me know yesterday that results will be available today to pick up?
I guess I'd be worried and apply more pressure onto ds to revise and study in year 11,if he showed he's not even bothered about picking up results today!

LifeIsGoodish Thu 25-Aug-16 17:10:17

I'm not worried. There was no reason to rush. Would not make any difference whether he was at the school when doors opened or a couple of hours later.

He did go in the end, unprompted, and is pleased with his results, but I think is now motivated to work harder as wants to get the next grade up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now