KCS 2016

(13 Posts)
mommy100 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:06:15

hey. has anyone gotten an interview from KCS yet or know when its supposed to come?

HugoPepper Mon 25-Jan-16 00:33:20

The school will send emails on Tuesday 26 January.

pearlmummy Fri 12-Feb-16 23:22:02

Anyone get offers today for 11+? We were wait listed which in grand scheme of things is good but still little bit disappointed. Can't imagine there will be much movement on this list.

SelfRaisingFlour Sat 13-Feb-16 15:57:12

I know someone, who gave up offers at KCS and Whitgift for a place at a grammar school last year. The lists must move a bit after the state school allocations come out on 1 March.

Nikita76 Thu 18-Feb-16 22:33:39

We are also on the waiting list for KCS, it does seem a bit doomed... Would be keen to find out what are our chances of getting in or how many other boys are on the waiting list. The headmaster said that they plan to over offer as well, so a minor miracle seems necessary...

pearlmummy Thu 03-Mar-16 09:02:12

Has anyone had an offer from the wait list?

Nikita76 Thu 03-Mar-16 11:07:09

Having a hard time extracting any information from the school. They said that there is no ranking, will not say how big the waiting list is etc. Very frustrating as makes it impossible to just how realistic it is to hope for a place

pearlmummy Thu 03-Mar-16 11:27:41

I'll second that!! Take some peace from the Latymer/stPauls/KCS thread - some mixed feedback!

Azure Thu 03-Mar-16 13:04:47

I turned down a place earlier this week if that helps! Best of luck.

Nikita76 Thu 03-Mar-16 20:32:58

It is actually helpful to know that there are people turning their offers down. I have heard of somebody else too.

It is hard that the school seems to have a attitude which on one hand says we liked your DS, so he still has a chance (waiting list), but then absolutely refuse to tell you how big or small that chance is. I really fail to see why the number of offers and how many children are on the waiting list is such a big secret. It was and still is my top choice, but I have gotten rather disappointed with the 'brush off' attitude. We are still after all queueing to pay them 20k a year....

Firstlawofholes Thu 03-Mar-16 20:46:13

We're also turning a place down, in favour of Westminster. And I know a number of boys with offers who are probably going to end up choosing Hampton instead. Hope that helps.

Nikita76 Thu 03-Mar-16 21:07:11

Every little helps 😀 Much appreciated info!

In the mean time I am stuck having to choose between Alleyns and Emanuel... I will have to write a check very soon and I really have no idea where to send DS. Any advice appreciated

Nikita76 Mon 07-Mar-16 18:01:08

Anybody got a space from the waiting list?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now