What school harrow or radley?

(28 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Darleyton Sat 02-Nov-13 23:21:31

Our sporty DS (year8) has been offered a place at both schools. He is at a day prep school (non London). He is reasonably bright, and certainly works hard. All he wants to do is play sport (mainly rugby), but can be persuaded to do his work if it can be linked to more time to do sport!

Does anyone have a view on which of these schools might suit him better?

yesbutnobut Thu 07-Nov-13 19:34:32

Benedict Cumberbatch and Lawrence Fox both old-Harrovians.

1805 - according to Harrow's website its GCSE results this year were 89.7% A* or A; Radley's results in 2012 (they haven't published 2013 yet) were 90.5% A* or A. So not much in it at all academically.

If you're considering Harrow you will get a very good idea of the school by watching the Sky series on the school which finished last week - I'd have thought it's on youtube or can be seen somehow.

Butkin Sat 09-Nov-13 22:27:41

123 Flower - there has just been an excellent 6 part documentary on "Harrow - A Very British School" on Sky 1. It finished last week and featured a year in the life of West Acre. See if you can watch the series, will give them a great insight..

Butkin Sat 09-Nov-13 22:28:13

Oops sorry Yesbut - didn't read your post until after I'd typed mine!

IsabellaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Dec-13 10:56:39

Talk to Local parents about schools in Harrow by visiting our Local site for Harrow, here: local.mumsnet.com/Talk/harrow/local-active

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now