How to choose - Warwick Sch, Whitgift Sch, Lancing College and Bishop's Stortford College (all full boarding)?

(27 Posts)
matmat Mon 03-Dec-12 15:52:23

Warwick School, Whitgift School and Christ's Hospital have offered a Yr 9 place to my DS; whereas, Lancing College and Bishop's Stortford College will release result shortly. As we are living abroad, we have never visited these schools (except their websites). Grateful if anyone could tell me how the local people consider these schools. Thanks.

Dustylaw Thu 06-Dec-12 01:33:34

You mentioned The Leys - I can certainly recommend that school - it is a wonderful location and it would be a much better choice in my view than Warwick or Bishops Stortford - a good full time boarding community plus being able to just walk into Cambridge. Don't be in too much hurry to part with a large deposit cheque until you are sure you are getting the school that is right. If convenience for Heathrow airport is a factor, perhaps you should also think about Bradfield? Good luck - it must be very difficult choosing a school from overseas.

Lovelandhope Mon 17-Dec-12 15:43:30

Hi we are from overseas, and have received boarding offer from Whitgift.

We have accepted the offer after some researches, plus recommendation from London friends. We think it is a good school with strong academic results and at the same time able to offer excellent sports/music growth opportunities for boys. Hope this is a good choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now