the school that must remain nameless

(87 Posts)
gingeroots Thu 08-Nov-12 22:12:03

This is getting silly .
What on earth was libelious this time ?

havinganightmare Sun 11-Nov-12 06:59:18

Think I know but can someone please pm me.??i want to find out more about this lot as friend has child there and I'm worried....

Elibean Sun 11-Nov-12 18:04:00

confused?!? <wails> I never know whats going on in these threads

hatsybatsy Mon 12-Nov-12 10:47:45

PM me please -if any Dulwich school is behaving in this way then I must cross it off our potential secondary schools list right now.........

gingeroots Mon 12-Nov-12 11:13:22

Behaving in what way hatsybatsy ?

Obviously not clear thinking to disregard a school on basis of internet discussion .
You need to visit and make other enquiries to form a valid opinion .

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 12-Nov-12 11:16:08

Somebody please pm me as we are applying for secondaries for 2013 entry

gingeroots Mon 12-Nov-12 11:18:28

Hasn't the deadline for applications already passed NotQuint ?

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 12-Nov-12 11:30:48

Yes, but because we applying to both state and independent sector we still have a real choice until March.

hatsybatsy Mon 12-Nov-12 11:43:50

ginger roots - thanks for your help hmm - I am fully aware how to choose a school. I have no desire to send my kids to any school that is so precious abot its reputation that it tries to censor some online opinions. I would never disregard a school on the basis of those opinions, but the desire to censor them worries me.

notcitrus Mon 12-Nov-12 11:50:20

I'm just fascinated by it all as it's near me but ds is only applying for primary this year.
Though at this rate exam results might not be available until we are applying for secondary...

BanoffeeSplitz Mon 12-Nov-12 13:36:12

Worth mentioning that it may not just be about censoring opinions - sometimes online discussion accidentally identifies individuals.

If it's the school I think it is, there's plenty of uncensored online discussion going on.

Frontpaw Mon 12-Nov-12 13:37:45

Did it begin with an E?

blindworm Mon 12-Nov-12 13:43:26

No, Frontpaw. Ends with an E though.
If the school you're thinking of is the right one BanoffeeSplitz, there is plenty of uncensored discussion going on, but why should there be censorship at all? I agree that posts that identify individuals are inappropriate, but the posts that are being censored are perfectly innocent.

Frontpaw Mon 12-Nov-12 13:46:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

blindworm Mon 12-Nov-12 13:56:10

No one is saying that Frontpaw - though I'm about ready to start spreading rumours!

Frontpaw Mon 12-Nov-12 13:58:04

If you want any juicy ones, I'm your woman!

MouseThatRoars Mon 12-Nov-12 14:09:29

We are also looking at secondary schools in Duwich. Can someone pm me please?

MouseThatRoars Mon 12-Nov-12 14:25:43

Thanks blindworm

FourTables Mon 12-Nov-12 14:30:15

I keep seeing these threads and then a couple of days later they get deleted. I wasn't bothered to know what was going on until all the mystery! Can anyone do a vague-as-necessary rundown on any of it???

Blu Mon 12-Nov-12 16:30:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

blindworm Mon 12-Nov-12 16:35:11

It wasn't the teachers who made the investigation public though? It was reported on Channel 4 and in the Guardian which was what attracted the attention. Unless I missed something? I was aware there had been teachers on here and other forums but I thought that was after the Channel 4 piece.

TalkinPeace2 Mon 12-Nov-12 16:37:22

Blu
not publishing 2012 full GCSEs - quite a few schools have not - particularly those that were hit hard by the English paper
they will get published in January by the DFe regardless of what a school tries to do.

Sadly the whole Academy programme is a disaster waiting to happen in terms of accountability of public funds

youwillobey Mon 12-Nov-12 16:46:37

Can someone PM me the school? Really confused. I'm always the last to know! (and usually never know) sad

TalkinPeace2 Mon 12-Nov-12 16:47:51

I don't know and frankly unless one is in the area choosing a secondary school, don't care

LynetteScavo Mon 12-Nov-12 16:49:22

No, I am the last to know!

What are you all on about??

Someone please PM me (I get ridiculously excited when I get a PM grin)

blindworm Mon 12-Nov-12 16:51:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now