Tiffin and independent, your experiences please.

(27 Posts)
JammyAndSheKnowsIt Tue 01-Mar-11 21:05:47

We're in the very lucky position of having a choice of Tiffin or Hampton. We can just about afford private fees but it would be a stretch. I know there are lots of debates here about state vs private, I just wondered whether anyone here would like to share their specific experiences within their family of both Tiffin and any of the local independent options.

I went to private school and although I appreciate that it gave me a certain confidence (and qualifications), I ended up hating the snobbery etc that went with it, and had a massive chip on my shoulder. So I'm inclined towards Tiffin, but would you advise otherwise?

Claygate Tue 21-May-13 12:16:33

Bearcat, thats not helpful it is biased against Tiffin, why withdraw your child from the exam at tiffin....sour grapes i think. Tiffin bashing.

You cant speak to teachers at Tiffin open day because millions of people turn up to the days....it is impossible. All my son's tiffin friends get on very well with the school. They have no bullying or education complaints at all.

titchy Tue 21-May-13 12:39:06

It's a two year old thread claygate - suspect OP has made her decision by now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now