Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ex partner no where to go whilst seeing children

(27 Posts)
Yepyep333 Mon 24-Mar-14 17:20:42

I have 3 dc, my ex p comes to see them on a Sunday but always stays in my house with them, he lives 1 hour away in a bedsit so not suitable to take children there, whilst I have been ok with this for a while I feel like he shouldn't rely on me so much and take some responsibility in his life. When he is here is absolutely vile to me, I put up with it or the children wouldn't see their father, over the recent months it has slowly dawned on me just how rude, nasty and narcissistic he is and I feel hatred towards him, If I said he couldn't come here and see the children I know he wouldn't make any effort to see them and I feel distraught for my children as they think the world of him, what do I do?

LavenderGreen14 Mon 24-Mar-14 20:50:10

I agree with AF (as usual).

It's honestly fine to be firm with these men. IF they won't make the effort, they don't get to see the kids, end of. Save any evidence of crap behaviour (eg texts, emails or letters) and keep a diary just in case the useless man wants to impress a new GF later on with the whole 'bitch won't let me see my kids' but save the emotional energy for reassuring DC, in an age appropriate way, that their dad is just not suited to being a parent/he can't come in the house because he can't behave nicely/none of it is their fault.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now