Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm so so sad

(28 Posts)
qualitytoffee Sun 10-Nov-13 17:03:49

And i can't figure it out, i.ve got my period today, so maybe thats why.
Right i'm a single ma, with the most lovliest 17 year old son that any mother could wish for. I've raised him on my own since ex husband walked out when he was 3 months old, and i haven't heard from him or his family since.
I feel like i've failed in some way, i don't know why, i mean, he's happy, doing a college course that he loves, and he works (he's there at the moment), hence my self indulgent moan,
But i feel rubbish and i've failed him, haven't i? Its like we stick out because i'm the only lone parent where i live, and i'm fed up with it all
sorry for this x

Nanny0gg Sun 10-Nov-13 19:28:48

Not old at all (you whippersnapper you!) I did just wonder if you were starting the peri-menopause as that will send your hormones all over the place.

Maybe just accept that sometimes we have 'down days', even though there is no particular reason. Your DS sounds a fine young man and you can take all the parental credit!
thanks

EvaBeaversProtege Sun 10-Nov-13 19:53:06

Are you back in NI now, or still in England?

Seems to me you've done a grand job of raising an independent son who lifts a hand round the house!!! Be proud smile

Monty27 Sun 10-Nov-13 20:10:19

Do you think its because he's growing up? I had this a year or so ago, my role had changed, I'd lost my identity as my ds and dd's dm as they became independent. I just reinvented myself as a woman with older children, made new friends and started going out and enjoying myself. It's not easy. flowers wine cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now