Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ideas for romantic break

(19 Posts)

I'm taking my partner for a few nights at a spa hotel and have bought a special necklace as a gift. I am looking for other gift ideas that might go down well - possibly something sexy without been cheesy (if that makes sense) and am thinking our female posters out there might have some good ideas. Hope to hear from you.

TCG

CMK86 Mon 14-Oct-13 13:43:17

How about some nice (expensive) underwear? Can't think of anything else that wouldn't be tacky as well though!

Step away from the underwear. Seriously. That has the potential to go horribly wrong grin. Unless you are very confident in her size, her taste and her appreciation for such things.

NeedlesCuties Mon 14-Oct-13 14:24:31

Some nice massage oil or fancy bubble bath.

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Mon 14-Oct-13 16:39:22

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_151010101306_-1

This is nice smile

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Mon 14-Oct-13 16:39:47
Boosterseattheballcleaner Mon 14-Oct-13 16:43:47

Laura Mercier etc bath products.

Nothing is sexier than a relaxing bath with luxury products and help applying them

Have a fab time!

rabbitonthemoon Mon 14-Oct-13 16:50:32

Things I would like that may be useful (or not!)

A really nice bottle of wine/anything from Jo Malone (maybe a candle if not sure which one)/a book of nice poems (probably not to everyone's taste but does it for me) /body oil/a playlist of thoughtfully picked music/something nice to sleep in (or not.. but nothing too flimsy/lacey/bright red) and maybe other sexy things that are a bit too rude for mn but if I had pmt that could have the potential to go down like a lead balloon grin

YY to Jo Malone smellies.
DH bought me some (more) perfume last week on our mini break and I was very grateful indeed wink

mammadiggingdeep Mon 14-Oct-13 18:11:10

Champagne, candles, roses and a night slip type thing....not underwear, think this can make some women feel the pressure a bit. Good luck smile

uptheanty Mon 14-Oct-13 18:20:01

Go alone wink

I had a romantic brain wave! Sorted!

rabbitonthemoon Wed 16-Oct-13 21:17:25

What did you do? I shared - awaiting a share back smile lucky lady I say.

I've ordered a 'vintage' typewriter which will go on a chest of drawers in our bedroom - we can write love notes and I'm planning to frame them when an A4 sheet is complete! ;-)

GeekInThePink Mon 21-Oct-13 09:31:21

Oh TCG that is VERY romantic!

rabbitonthemoon Mon 21-Oct-13 11:26:52

I love it!

oh good, I thought so and glad you think it's a go-er! Thanks!

FolkGirl Tue 22-Oct-13 09:26:35

That's a really lovely idea!

Where can I find one of you?! grin

Kiwiinkits Sun 03-Nov-13 22:45:35

I didn't think men like you even existed TCG.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now