Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

oooh i feel ridiculous

(442 Posts)
ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:21:41

So silly. I'm a NCing regular. and a real proper grown up, I swear

I fancy someone. But I cant get up the guts to let him know or even to contact him. I've added him on FB (it's taken me months to build up to that) and he accepted. he's liked a few of my posts and a photo. I keep seeing him online (butterflies) and want to make contact but cant think of anything to say that isn't a blatant excuse to get talking to him. AFAIK he's single- well it says so on his FB.

arrgh this is so frustrating. if this was my best friend she would be chatting away to him no problem.

don't know what i'm posting for- just need to get this out of my head.

Walkacrossthesand Fri 21-Jun-13 20:32:46

How do you know him? Friend of friend, work, hobby...

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:36:49

initially through a thing my dc attends, Im now friendly with one of his friends (also through the thing my dc attends) and I see him almost daily when he passes my house to go to work- also weekly at the activity.

allaflutter Fri 21-Jun-13 20:42:53

does he never attempt to chat to you? I think as you've made a first step adding him to FB, he should start talking - you both sound 14!grin

allaflutter Fri 21-Jun-13 20:43:24

I mean , it sounds like you meet a LOT, esp the weekly activity.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:49:47

"you both sound 14!" I know, it's ridiculous! blush

we chat in as much as saying "hi, how's it going" if we pass in the street or at the weekly thing- but he's involved with the organisation of the weekly thing and cant really just chat to one person- it's quite a busy thing and there just isn't the chance.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:51:39

if it wasn't for the fact I know i'll have to face him again every week then i'd just get in touch and if he rejects me then I could forget it and move on- but not when I know i'll have to face him and no doubt he'd tell the friend that I know aswell and she'd know I fancy him!

Walkacrossthesand Fri 21-Jun-13 20:54:07

It's fundraising/summer fair time of year - are there any 'weekly thing' events coming up that you can use as a pretext to message him about, asking if he needs any extra pairs of hands?

allaflutter Fri 21-Jun-13 20:55:05

what about after this weekly activity - any chance travelling in same direction or having a drink (sound like you live close by)? but let him to suggest actual dating.

allaflutter Fri 21-Jun-13 20:55:34

no 'to' in last sentence

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:04:57

weekly activity is for dcs so going for a drink after not an option and I also have a car full as I give a lift to my friend and her dc.

there is something happening next weekend that I could message him about but I know he'll think "why didn't she ask mutual friend" because I chat all the time with her. plus we've been given a letter with all the info we could need. I just don't want to make a dick out of myself and then have to face him again.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:23:24

eeek I've just messaged him- he replied- it's ok- it's done now.

Letters Fri 21-Jun-13 21:26:43

What did you say, what he he say? Don't leave us hanging grin

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:29:22

he posted on a link his friend sent him so I PMed a jokey comment about it and now we're taking about our plans for this weekend grin

summer111 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:33:46

Eek, how exciting! Let us know how the conversation develops :0)

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:37:44

I will- we've swapped numbers!

Mumsyblouse Fri 21-Jun-13 21:40:49

This sounds really exciting!!!

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:42:22

grin grin grin

Buswanker Fri 21-Jun-13 21:46:32

Arrange a proper date. He's probably just as nervous and if one of you doesn't ask then you could be missing out on some happiness and naked time

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:51:50

love the name buswanker grin

we're talking about where each of us likes to go out for a drink now...

summer111 Fri 21-Jun-13 21:55:55

Oooh, I second bus's advice grin

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 22:39:56

possible sunday night date smile if I can get a babysitter.

Walkacrossthesand Fri 21-Jun-13 22:48:54

Excellent! No 'if' about it - a babysitter must be found!

ImNotBloody14 Fri 21-Jun-13 22:56:54

cant believe I waited so long to do this! almost a year.

yes i'm going to see if my neighbour's DD is free to babysit- eek again!

summer111 Fri 21-Jun-13 23:03:00

Yay, well done! I'm so excited for you wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now