Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

partner just accidentally tx me this.....back door? xxx what u make of it

(64 Posts)
stella10 Mon 17-Jun-13 17:08:18

Just that really. Wen I rang and confronted him he made an excuse about old msg's coming through on phone. I know this to be bull. What do I do/say? He doesn't know I suspect yet?

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Mon 17-Jun-13 17:25:22

nemno - mine are ones that other people have sent to me! Probably because I keep those and delete all of my sent ones.

absentmindeddooooodles Mon 17-Jun-13 17:25:24

I'm not saying its innocent at all, but just going to back up whoever said that Samsung galaxy phone was renowned for sending old texts. Mine used to do it, a lot. Just random old texts at random times. My mums also had the same problem. However....it does sound a little dodgy:-(

Flicktheswitch Mon 17-Jun-13 17:26:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChristineDaae Mon 17-Jun-13 17:26:36

My first thought was (if he's at work) he's
A. A secret smoker meeting up with a girl mate
B. cheating - meeting her at the back door if work

Clearly if he's a smoker anyway or not at work my theory is shit!

Longdistance Mon 17-Jun-13 17:27:11

His actions will speak louder, than what he says next.

Back door? xxx <<< with kisses, he's definitely up to something.

invicta Mon 17-Jun-13 17:29:56

Even if it is an old message, why, when and who did he send it to? Any other suspicious behavior?

SorryMyLollipop Mon 17-Jun-13 17:31:27

When he gets home, ask to see his phone.

If he is reluctant - dodgy

Look at sent/received messages - have deleted lots after he realised his mistake so look at the call/text log.

Hope it's innocent but it doesn't sound it hmm

Solo Mon 17-Jun-13 17:31:31

My phone also sometimes sends old messages and has even mixed up a half old message with a new message, so yes, it can and does happen.

But! trust your instincts OP. My ex accidentally sent me a text meant for the OW....

stella10 Mon 17-Jun-13 17:57:28

Right he's using the excuse old msg because my phone played up today and I accidentally did just that! Sent somethin old with new tx. So he thinks I'll buy that but obviously that msg would have to be on his phone somewhere and I've done a search on my phone and it wasn't to me. He a builder and could possibly be askin someone that as him and friends do strangely put kisses on texts but the lies make me think up to something. He doesn't fin work at a set time. Our relationship is crap and I'm pretty sure we don't love each other anyway but have been trying to work on it. If it was anyone else I'd say the same thing. Cheating!

happycrimblechuckie Mon 17-Jun-13 18:01:51

I took it to mean anal, I would have replied, why not!?

sara11272 Mon 17-Jun-13 18:02:55

Don't want to make excuses for him, but if he's a builder - and puts kisses on texts - could it have been a text about an actual back door to one of his friends/people he works with?

Hulababy Mon 17-Jun-13 18:06:44

I assume arranging to meet someone, using the back door to a property.

The xxx would be the big issue here for me too. DH never puts xxx on general text messages to other people.

RoooneyMara Mon 17-Jun-13 18:07:32

strangely puts kisses on texts...sorry but when you think back to when he explained the last lot of kisses...do you see where I am coming from? (and it ain't the back door)

After your last post stella, I`d say lifes to short to be with someone you dont love especially if you cant trust them. Move on my love x

ImperialBlether Mon 17-Jun-13 18:36:28

The first thing is, how do you know he and his friends put kisses on their texts to each other? Because he told you? Really, how likely is it that non-metrosexual men put kisses on their texts to each other?

I think he'll be home at the normal time tonight - he won't risk you wondering too much.

Ahhhcrap Mon 17-Jun-13 19:08:51

A similar thing happened on here with a different OP.

Hope you get it sorted

moleavenger Mon 17-Jun-13 19:14:29

Hold up hold up... whoever said "pack his bags" - that's a bit hasty!

For a start, I have experienced old messages coming through like that. Like the above poster said, is there a context over the last few months or since he's had that phone or sim card that you can remember he might have asked that of you?

Most fundamentally, are there other reasons to think he's cheating? If so then that's a massive sign. Always trust your gut.

Thirdly, I assumed he was sexting with someone and trying to move the conversation on to anal sex

BriansBrain Mon 17-Jun-13 19:22:47

Oh dear, it doesn't look good.

Can you get hold of his phone at all?

MissStrawberry Mon 17-Jun-13 19:23:58

If you don't think you love him, why are you still with him?

Is your gut telling you he is cheating because if you love and trust your partner then I feel you wouldn't be thinking the worst.

toiletbrush Mon 17-Jun-13 20:12:11

absent I'm really glad you mentioned that about Samsung galaxy. I found myself in hot water last week when a very old text message that I sent to my ex, re-sent at the beginning of the current message I sent him (if that makes sense?).

Sorry for the hijack op.

Sarahplane Mon 17-Jun-13 20:17:34

My old phone went wrong and I kept receiving the same really old messages again and again.

Coconutty Mon 17-Jun-13 20:19:27

Yeah, anal.

stella10 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:46:27

Ok update and it wasn't his fault at all my phone had added a part of an old tx into a new one including part about a back door (to do with a car)!! Not anal ha ha and so he'd just replied. Back door? Xxx coz he didn't know what I was on about! Oops glad I didn't have a go at him just shows bloody phones eh?

HongkongDreamer Mon 17-Jun-13 20:53:32

Y would he put xxx then?

MissStrawberry Mon 17-Jun-13 20:55:53

Is confronting different from having a go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now