Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The difference between men/woman explained...

(81 Posts)
SnoogyWoo Sat 30-Mar-13 15:51:17

As a man, I can tell you ladies that we are a simple folk. Have a look at this cartoon and I can tell you it explains a lot of our differences in a nutshell....

http://s17.postimg.org/6ejyst14f/2013_03_30_15_39_55.jpg

We love you for who you are, warts and all. Whatever you think we are thinking, we really are not smile

garlicbrunch Sat 30-Mar-13 21:12:06

Does the op deserve such sarcastic remarks? - Well, he's introduced his thread as an 'explanation' of something nobody asked him to explain, and offered us a cartoon which is only funny if you buy into a "women's brains are all about feelings; men's brains are all about engineering" stereotype. Oh, yeah, and he classified all men as 'simple' whilst assuring us - unasked - that all men love women.

I reckon he deserves some sarcasm, yes!

garlicbrunch Sat 30-Mar-13 21:13:24

How on earth are you managing to mn while painting a ceiling? <boggles>

Verbalpunchbag Sat 30-Mar-13 21:20:41

Painting a ceiling whilst posting on here? Now THAT'S multitasking! ;)

dummad Sat 30-Mar-13 21:33:49

It may have been a well meaning post, but FFS: It's pretty patronising and sterotypical tbh.

Lovingfreedom Sat 30-Mar-13 21:34:39

Thank you...and I'm managing to think about my arse at the same time too....and I'm drinking cheap prosecco...and spending quality time with my DS watching Troy and discussing Greek mythology. The wonders of the simple female brain...

Lueji Sat 30-Mar-13 21:36:03

Careful with that fly, Loving. (painting over fly hanging upside Dow, whilst pondering about backside)

Lueji Sat 30-Mar-13 21:36:52

down! Not Dow...

dummad Sat 30-Mar-13 21:38:55

One thing i wonder about is how on one hand women are supposed to be the gender that is prone to over analysis and thinking too much but ONLY when it comes to relationships. And men are supposed to be shallow and straight forward UNLESS the are writing poetry/a novel/doing something useful. Such double bloody standards.

dummad Sat 30-Mar-13 21:42:32

Of course men are then 'tortured souls', 'cteatives', 'deep thinkers', 'poetic', 'romantics', 'sensitive'.

Women are just irrational/patanoid/high maintenance/bunny boilers.

dummad Sat 30-Mar-13 21:45:04

Did i thread kill? hmm

Lovingfreedom Sat 30-Mar-13 21:45:53

I dunno...I'm not paid to think... But I look pretty...

dummad Sat 30-Mar-13 21:49:04

Unless it's about relationships. Then you can go on and on and on thinking about stuff.

BernadetteRostenkowskiWolowitz Sat 30-Mar-13 21:52:51

op long gone . but cartoon not funny. wouldnt sleep with anybody not frank enough to just speak their own mind.
i laugh at FUNNY cartoons though. post a fuuny one

BernadetteRostenkowskiWolowitz Sat 30-Mar-13 21:57:18

so true dummad. and another phallacy... there is no anger like a woman scorn. the worst any of my friends or i have done is send a strongly worded letter and yet we all had a list of insane behaviour from scorned exes.

Verbalpunchbag Sat 30-Mar-13 21:57:36

I think that's all in your mind dummad, I've never thought women can't be deep thinkers, creative etc. is that what feminism is, copying men's worst traits? Because some men stereotype women it's ok to stereotype men? What a shame.

dummad Sat 30-Mar-13 22:06:07

I'm not stereotyping anyone. The OP did by posting that cartoon as applying to all men and all women. How am I sterotyping?

Verbalpunchbag Sat 30-Mar-13 22:14:55

dummad,"One thing i wonder about is how on one hand women are supposed to be the gender that is prone to over analysis and thinking too much but ONLY when it comes to relationships. And men are supposed to be shallow and straight forward UNLESS the are writing poetry/a novel/doing something useful. Such double bloody standards."

"Of course men are then 'tortured souls', 'cteatives', 'deep thinkers', 'poetic', 'romantics', 'sensitive'.
Women are just irrational/patanoid/high maintenance/bunny boilers."

Your words, not the op's.

ArmyOfPenguins Sat 30-Mar-13 22:15:46

So the woman lies there thinking only about the man, and the man doesn't think about the woman at all.

Thanks for endearing me to you! xxx

ps How arrogant.
pps Can you post a clever cartoon?

ArmyOfPenguins Sat 30-Mar-13 22:17:25

I think dummad is describing stereotypes, Verbal. Not agreeing with them.

Verbalpunchbag Sat 30-Mar-13 22:21:09

Maybe but we all know what stereotypes are. no need to describe them.http://cdnmn.com/emo/te/1.gif

ArmyOfPenguins Sat 30-Mar-13 22:24:38

And what's with all this 'ladies' crap?

ArmyOfPenguins Sat 30-Mar-13 22:25:09

You accused dummad of stereotyping. Glad you've retracted.

Verbalpunchbag Sat 30-Mar-13 22:38:25

I don't recall saying i'd retracted.

countrykitten Sat 30-Mar-13 23:23:52

But you should shouldn't you?

Verbalpunchbag Sat 30-Mar-13 23:26:22

Why? Am i not allowed to have an opinion unless Army agrees with it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now